Pirates finish preaseason strong; receive Gerbe and Weber from Buffalo

wildcat48

Pirates finish preseason strong; receive Gerbe and Weber from Buffalo

Published on: 1st October, 2009 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME On a night when the Portland Pirates finished out their exhibition schedule with a 4-2 win over the University of New Brunswick Varsity Reds, they received news that forward Nathan Gerbe and defenseman Mike Weber were sent down from the Buffalo Sabres, getting to the mandatory 23-man roster before the NHLs 3pm deadline.

Read More>>>>

Stay tuned for highlights and interviews from Mancari and Dineen.

I know it's pre-season but from what i heard Tyler Ennis looks excellent in the games he played. He's got 2g and 4a, i know it's not just pre-season, it's AHL pre-season but Ennis even looked good in Sabres camp. I really hope Gerbe brings his A-game or Ennis will surpass him.

Also, the guy who i think was a bust for sure, Dennis Persson, has 4 assists for Portland. I wonder how his overall game is but i remember in Sweden he was a train wreck and many people even wondered why we even wasted our time signing him to bring him to North America.

I know it's pre-season but from what i heard Tyler Ennis looks excellent in the games he played. He's got 2g and 4a, i know it's not just pre-season, it's AHL pre-season but Ennis even looked good in Sabres camp. I really hope Gerbe brings his A-game or Ennis will surpass him.

From what many have said and my brief observation, Ennis has been better. I think contract/AHL eligibility might have more to do with what happens here than anything else. There is a much shorter window (pun intended) for Gerbe as his AHL eligiblity will expire two years (at least) prior to Ennis. Unless Tyler completely blows everyone away, as in the 2 points per game area, we'll see Gerbe.

Also, the guy who i think was a bust for sure, Dennis Persson, has 4 assists for Portland. I wonder how his overall game is but i remember in Sweden he was a train wreck and many people even wondered why we even wasted our time signing him to bring him to North America.

I was shocked to see him in camp let alone actually still condsidered a prospect. I'm curious how he'll do.

Archived