(OT) RIP Harry Kalas

PASabreFan

Voice of the Phillies since 1971 died yesterday in the booth. Tributes are pouring in. A lot of cool ones on YouTube.

1971. I think this is how we're all going to feel one day about Rick. Hopefully one day long, long into the future.

Voice of the Phillies since 1971 died yesterday in the booth. Tributes are pouring in. A lot of cool ones on YouTube.

1971. I think this is how we're all going to feel one day about Rick. Hopefully one day long, long into the future.

As a child growing up in harrisburg I remeber listening to Harry on the radio similar to sabres fans listening to Ted Darling.

There will never be another Harry Kalas. May he rest in peace.

Man am I gonna miss him. Every summer when I was little I would watch the Phils and listen to him. He was not only the voice of the Phillies, but he also did NFL games and commericals. Truley one of the greatest voices in all sports history. R.I.P Harry. Now you and Whitey can broadcast games together again up in that great stadium in the sky!

I'm a resident of Philadelphia and a huge hater of their sports teams, however, I could never hate Harry Kalas or his announcing ability. This guy just sounded like baseball. The deep, laid-back voice that would perk up with genuine excitement when a big play was made in the field added so much to their telecasts. I'm happy that he was able to go out on top as a world series champion because he was as apart of that team as any player. For those of you who didn't hear Harry or his story before this, Bob Eubanks was quoted as saying "If you didn't like Harry Kalas, you didn't like anybody."

Archived