Roy and Afinogenov

Larry Playfair

Not as big of an age difference as you would expect. Connolly will turn 25 in May, Roy will turn 23 in May. The big difference in development is that Connolly was thrown to the wolves as an 18 year old by Milbury.

Id say that is quite a difference, and the fact connoly has been in the nhl for years, whereas Roy is just starting to learn the ropes at this level.

getting rid of Roy would be a mistake... the guy is just down right fiesty... i saw him throw a few big hits against the leafs the other night and he was everywhere... even the goal that banked off klee... it was going to goto vanek otherwise... but the fact that he had the vision to see that... he seems like he's been clutch to in the last little while... i have confidence in Roy and Afinogenov and every deadline i pray that Afin doesn't get traded... this year it will be for both not to get traded... id rather have no trades then trade Afin and Roy... there a big part of the youth of this team...

Max has been the best Sabre for the latest 5-6 games. Not only that, he's worth of price of admission himself. Trading him will be a huge mistake. There will be a lot of good solid defenseman available at the trading deadline that if we choose to go after won't require us trading away Max or someone like him. And if we do have to trade someone like that, I rather not and go with what we got.

PA, with speed like that, Max will be around for another 10+ years. Mike Gartner was great even at his old age because of his speed.

Overstatement? You tell me who controls a game more than Max with his speed and moves. He can turn the tide of a game with his puck control. He's a great player that needs to find his scoring touch to become a super star.

Mike Gartner? Really? You can't compare the two. Gartner was at a much higher level. Max has 88 goals at age 26. Gartner had 247 goals at that age on his way to 700.

Max is a nice player for the Sabres and he doesn't cost too much. But I can list probably 50-75 players I would rather have on this team. He over handles the puck and is prone to bad turn overs. He's fast but has a hard time finishing the rushes.

Max has the speed and you would expect his numbers to be higher. He's averaging about a half a point a game. For a player that doesn't have a strong defensive game that's not high enough.

getting rid of Roy would be a mistake... the guy is just down right fiesty... i saw him throw a few big hits against the leafs the other night and he was everywhere... even the goal that banked off klee... it was going to goto vanek otherwise... but the fact that he had the vision to see that... he seems like he's been clutch to in the last little while... i have confidence in Roy and Afinogenov and every deadline i pray that Afin doesn't get traded... this year it will be for both not to get traded... id rather have no trades then trade Afin and Roy... there a big part of the youth of this team...

Let's put it this way, if you could trade Roy and get a defenseman who was just as good in return wouldn't that make the Sabres a better team?

Gees, use your imagination. Of coarse those deals are not going to happen but people, people the topuc was never trade Roy or Maxim. Use your imagination I know i was exagerating but to ge the point through that the right deal anyone could be had.

Roy

Biron

For

Shane Doan

Derek Morris

Like I said if you don't like that one we can find one you do like that could happen. The point is everyone has a price. But i guess a real GM would be smart and say "nope my guy got a hat trick once he is untouchable" ;)

Even though i argue with you Deluca and Hopeleslyobvious atleast you understand hockey. I don't care what people think. Even when you try to teach them even beat it into their heads people still don't quite understand hockey. It is like Holdem, if you play holdem their is a saying "never fall inlove with your cards" People need to understand that. Players can go and should go if it is best for the team. We should have a place were people can learn about hockey management on this site and old ex managers can come in and give little tidbits so fans don't seem so stupid.

Obviously it all depends on what you could get in return, but this is a young team and I don't think this necessarily will be their last chance to win the Cup over the next 5 or 6 years...I think if you want to package Biron with a forward for a very good defenseman, Dumont or Kotalik would make more sense than Roy or Afinogenov at this stage.

Gees, use your imagination. Of coarse those deals are not going to happen but people, people the topuc was never trade Roy or Maxim. Use your imagination I know i was exagerating but to ge the point through that the right deal anyone could be had.

Roy

Biron

For

Shane Doan

Derek Morris

Like I said if you don't like that one we can find one you do like that could happen. The point is everyone has a price. But i guess a real GM would be smart and say "nope my guy got a hat trick once he is untouchable" ;)

Even though i argue with you Deluca and Hopeleslyobvious atleast you understand hockey. I don't care what people think. Even when you try to teach them even beat it into their heads people still don't quite understand hockey. It is like Holdem, if you play holdem their is a saying "never fall inlove with your cards" People need to understand that. Players can go and should go if it is best for the team. We should have a place were people can learn about hockey management on this site and old ex managers can come in and give little tidbits so fans don't seem so stupid.

yea because you know ALLLLLL about hockey management eh... :lol:

Archived