Ottawa trades with Islanders

carpandean

My question here is how many of us would be upset if the Sabres had made that deal? Say we gave up a pick and a player for some help at center and a puck-moving defenseman? I would have done this deal, although I don't think it would have addressed the Sabres' lack of size and strength. But it proves players can be had--for the right price. Ottawa gives up a pick rather than a top prospect.

On a side note--what is Ottawa doing? Shouldn't they be the teams selling off players?

My question here is how many of us would be upset if the Sabres had made that deal? Say we gave up a pick and a player for some help at center and a puck-moving defenseman? I would have done this deal, although I don't think it would have addressed the Sabres' lack of size and strength. But it proves players can be had--for the right price. Ottawa gives up a pick rather than a top prospect.

On a side note--what is Ottawa doing? Shouldn't they be the teams selling off players?

The way I see it, Mike Comrie is a player type we have enough of. Small, reasonably fast, pretty good offensively, not all that great on defense.

Puck moving defensemen we also seem to have enough of, so in this case I'd have to wonder why we would make such a deal. As you say, it wouldn't adress any of our real needs besides perhaps getting rid of some dead wood, and maybe scaring some of the guys that are too comfy here?

Knowing how little Darcy trades, it shouldn't be for players we already have plenty of.

Just my 2 cents.

Agree on Ottawa. Perhaps the FO can't come to grips with missing the post-season without giving it one last whirl?

I'm i going crazy,or wasn't Comrie on the Sens before?

He was. He was a deadline acquisition by the Sens in 2006-2007 and centered a line with Dean McAmmond, and if I remember correctly, Patrick Eaves. After that season, he signed as a UFA with the Islanders along with Bill Guerin and Ruslan Fedetenko and Andy Sutton.

I think the Sens will try to re-sign Comrie and probably Campoli next year as long as he doesn't pee down his leg the rest of this season. Comrie was pretty good for them before, and Campoli is only 24 ... I actually really like that deal for Ottawa, unfortunately. They gave up a guy who was going to be a UFA anyway and San Jose's first-round pick, so they still have their own ...

Archived