Adding some veteran leadership would...?

FearTheReaper

Veteran Leadership  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What would adding some vet leadership do for our playoff push?

• Give us a consistent winning atmosphere to move up in the standings
    • Destroy our chances and keep us out
    • It would do nothing

I'm curious, so i figured what the hell. I think its one of the biggest flaws the team has. And i'd like to see what others think about it.

I voted that it'd do nothing.

Markus Naslund could provide veteran leadership but I doubt he'd be much of a positive influence on this team. Pronger would undoubtedly help.

It'd depend 100% on the player brought in.

Veteran leadership... You mean like a 12 year veteran gritty defenseman? Or the longest tenured coach in NHL history? Sure, perhaps that would help.

At this point, I honestly believe that they need a den mother with a big honking paddle that she's not afraid to swing.

:wallbash:

Veteran leadership... You mean like a 12 year veteran gritty defenseman? Or the longest tenured coach in NHL history? Sure, perhaps that would help.

At this point, I honestly believe that they need a den mother with a big honking paddle that she's not afraid to swing.

:wallbash:

I think that having Rivet is a good start, but when I think of all the really great teams, they all had an Offensive leader. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part the true leaders are on offense. Defensive leaders are more of a steadying influence. If we bring in a veteran leader it HAS to be a forward IMO.

I voted nothing. It's not that we need more leadership, it's that we have too many struggling "leaders." The only person that should be wearing a letter in the dressing room is Rivet. It should be his voice and Ruff's that are heard during intermissions, that's it. Look at the assistant captains: Pominville, Hecht, Spacek, and Numminen. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Except for Spacek, those guys are having the worst seasons of their careers and thus aren't good role models for on ice play. I'd rather see a guy like Mair and Kaleta or Chris Butler on the defense get an "A" because they actually play the style of hockey that it's going to take to win close, physical games. Mair and Kaleta play all out on both sides of the puck with no regard for their bodies and Butler has been playing the solid "play the man not the puck" since he got called up. While I admit these guys don't have the most skill, having the most skill doesn't make you an effective captain (Crosby anyone?). If Ruff is looking for players who can lead by example on the ice, then reward the aforementioned players with letters.

Archived