Matt Ellis

Hawk

This guy really hustles, I like how he never gives up on a play. If he gets knocked down, he gets right back up and races to get back into the play.

Detroit has to get rid of one of their UFA.s and Ken Holland it was reported, was really pissed he lost Ellis and would like him back. The Wings could possibly be the best avenue for us getting the help we need. They could easily give up a top player and still not miss a beat. They could use some depth for the future on their blueline So Ellis and a Dman to detroit for fill in the blank.

This guy really really hustles, I really like how he never gives up on a play. If he gets knocked down, he gets right back up and races to get back into the play.

Detroit has to get rid of one of their UFA.s and Ken Holland it was reported, was really pissed he lost Ellis and would like him back. The Wings could possibly be the best avenue for us getting the help we need. They could easily give up a top player and still not miss a beat. They could use some depth for the future on their blueline So Ellis and a Dman to detroit for fill in the blank.

A "top player" for Matt Ellis and one of our defensemen? Has Ken Holland been diagnosed with a brain tumor that has yet to be announced? I know it's early and there are going to be a lot of trade our garbage for their top guy threads so I shouldn't jump all over them.

Matt Ellis is a nice fourth line depth player who has contributed this season. I wish the Sabres had a few more players with his desire. I wish some on this roster would look closely at Ellis and emulate. That said, to think that Ellis would have any significant trade value is a bit of a reach. Ellis will be fine on the Sabres fourth line until Timmy takes his next powder and they need Ellis to play more.

Andrej Meszaros?

I guess when faced with the prospect, I kinda feel Sekera belongs with Vanek on my untouchable list. Too much upside to give away.

Although the debate is always on.

What would we get in return?

Detroit has been so successful for so long you have to wonder if it's the players or the system? Do many players leave Detroit and have great success elsewhere? Anyway, after how the last trade with the Wings went I would stay away from them.

Archived