The Pirates make it eight

wildcat48

The Pirates make it eight

Hartford, Conn. ? The streak continues for the Portland Pirates.

The Pirates extended their winning streak to eight games with a 4-2 win over the Hartford Wolf Pack before a crowd of 2,286 at the XL Center on Wednesday night.

Down 2-1 midway into the second period, the Pirates would score three unanswered goals to take their first lead of the game, a lead they wouldn?t relinquish.

Link>>>

No doubt Nathan Gerbe. Mancari probably deserves it more, but Gerbe, the speed, the excitement. Maybe he is the spark we need. Our PP has been bad, and he's a PP whiz.

If anyone comes up, no doubt in my mind, it has to be Gerbe.

Kennedy is the better two-way player and has become a playmaking center, which we need with Connolly out. However, both of those guys need to spend more time in Portland. I'd guess Mancari would be the first callup.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to see Gerbe up here. I just don't think he's had enough time in the AHL yet to work on rounding out his game.

Kennedy is the better two-way player and has become a playmaking center, which we need with Connolly out. However, both of those guys need to spend more time in Portland. I'd guess Mancari would be the first callup.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to see Gerbe up here. I just don't think he's had enough time in the AHL yet to work on rounding out his game.

I'm not so worried about it as a long term thing. I want to see them brought up to "scare" the vets on this team into manning up and playing better.

If I were Lindy right now this is what I'd do:

Bench Rivet for Weber (he obviously hasn't recovered fully)

Bench Tallinder for Paetsch (why not?)

Bench Miller for Lalime for 3-5 games (Miller obviously isn't on. we need to treat this like 05-06)

Bench Max for either Mancari or Darche. (Portland is overloaded with LWers and Mancari is their only true RWer, so I'd rather bring up Darche.)

I don't want to bring up rookies from Portland, but I want to scare the current vets.

Oh, and keep Peters on the ice with Kaleta and Mair. That's a solid line. Peters is one of the few players I don't hate this season.

Also, Teppo has looked a little slow this season. I think he might be done for after this year. They should be rotating him with another D man, maybe Paetsch. It's hard for me to say that because I had Paetsch and love Teppo, but he hasn't looked as good.

These players need to know that the only untouchables are Pommers, Vanek, Mair, and Peters. I've liked their play this season. The rest can suck it.

Bench Miller for Lalime for 3-5 games (Miller obviously isn't on. we need to treat this like 05-06)

Bench Max for either Mancari or Darche. (Portland is overloaded with LWers and Mancari is their only true RWer, so I'd rather bring up Darche.)

Don't forget to put Big Al on IR, otherwise they can't bring up anyone.

I'm not so worried about it as a long term thing. I want to see them brought up to "scare" the vets on this team into manning up and playing better.

If I were Lindy right now this is what I'd do:

I don't want to bring up rookies from Portland, but I want to scare the current vets.

Oh, and keep Peters on the ice with Kaleta and Mair. That's a solid line. Peters is one of the few players I don't hate this season.

Also, Teppo has looked a little slow this season. I think he might be done for after this year. They should be rotating him with another D man, maybe Paetsch. It's hard for me to say that because I had Paetsch and love Teppo, but he hasn't looked as good.

These players need to know that the only untouchables are Pommers, Vanek, Mair, and Peters. I've liked their play this season. The rest can suck it.

Unless we're making major releases, this is as impossible as it gets. Nice try though.

Unless we're making major releases, this is as impossible as it gets. Nice try though.

I know it's impossible, it's just what I think needs to be done. I don't think this team will truly be better until we shed some more dead weight after this season. But we'll see, I'm still holding out hope.

Archived