$$$ in auction think Gerbe's a star

carpandean

Which makes me believe he'll be #91 if he gets called up.

I bet that he'll still be #42 if/when he is called up. I doubt that they would make up another jersey for a call up (assuming they're not wearing the new third jerseys.) Then, if Timmy is gone next year, he will take #19, just like Weber wore #34 last season and took #4 this year after Pratt did not return. I guess if, by some strange set of occurrences, Connolly is still here next season, you could be right about #91.

I bet that he'll still be #42 if/when he is called up. I doubt that they would make up another jersey for a call up (assuming they're not wearing the new third jerseys.) Then, if Timmy is gone next year, he will take #19, just like Weber wore #34 last season and took #4 this year after Pratt did not return. I guess if, by some strange set of occurrences, Connolly is still here next season, you could be right about #91.

Well jerseys in pre-season are picked at random i believe. I heard Gerbe tell a fan from another forum when he was signing autographs during pre-season that players don't have a choice to pick a number for pre-season and he was just handed #42. Like for example, Tim Kennedy had a Press Conference where he picked jersey #13 yet he was wearing like $57 or something in pre-season.

Well jerseys in pre-season are picked at random i believe. I heard Gerbe tell a fan from another forum when he was signing autographs during pre-season that players don't have a choice to pick a number for pre-season and he was just handed #42. Like for example, Tim Kennedy had a Press Conference where he picked jersey #13 yet he was wearing like $57 or something in pre-season.

Oh I know, but that means that there are white and blue "Gerbe" jerseys sitting in the equipment room with #42 on them. I'm just guessing that for a call up, they would just use those and not make up new ones. When he does get a choice, he will probably choose #19 if Connolly is gone or #91 if he is not. I just don't think that he'll get a choice this year.

I doubt there's white and blue Gerbe jersey's sitting around. You can remove the names, they're sewn on a strip, so those jersey's are probably reusable. Although, he's so small they might have needed to order a size just for him

Do jerseys come in 52-Short? He's stocky, so he couldn't go with a smaller size (for reference: Roy wears a 52, though he wore a 50 as a rookie.)

I know that they can switch names around easily enough, but how many extra numbers do they order? In each size? If he wanted a #91, they'd probably have to put new numbers on a each jersey. Not a big deal, but I just wonder if they'd bother.

Archived