Meszaros signs offer sheet?[UPDATED...Traded to TB]

X. Benedict

A few months ago, i thought it was a joke what Tampa was doing, but their starting to prove me wrong. Although, i think it will back fire on them. I think they are making a quick fix which could result in Tom_Webster winning $50, but their future i think looks worse now then it did pre-Melrose.

They traded ALOT to get Carle and Meszaros. Carle is a player i wanted badly for Buffalo, but last year when i watched San Jose, esspicially late to see Campbell play on center ice, Carle wasn't anything special. It seems like his game hit a early peak and it's stayed there and now could be on the decline. Meszaros is a fantastic player but has always had a great partner.

Are you on drugs?

Um, no? You don't think he's good? Are you kidding me?

First of all, you've gone from "fantastic" to "good". Second, I would describe him as a "decent" defenseman, not as a "good" defenseman. Ottawa certainly didn't think enough of him to pay him what he wanted, and most of the Ottawa sports media (a spotty group, to be sure, as evidenced by Garrioch) think that Ottawa got the better of the trade with Tampa. Messy was 4th in minutes among Ottawa's defense last year, behind Commodore, Redden and Philips. I also think Volchenkov is a better player than Messy is. I wouldn't trade any of the Sabres' top 6, or Weber, for Messy.

First of all, you've gone from "fantastic" to "good". Second, I would describe him as a "decent" defenseman, not as a "good" defenseman. Ottawa certainly didn't think enough of him to pay him what he wanted, and most of the Ottawa sports media (a spotty group, to be sure, as evidenced by Garrioch) think that Ottawa got the better of the trade with Tampa. Messy was 4th in minutes among Ottawa's defense last year, behind Commodore, Redden and Philips. I also think Volchenkov is a better player than Messy is. I wouldn't trade any of the Sabres' top 6, or Weber, for Messy.

We'll just disagree. I think he's a "fantastic" player. And "Ottawa not giving him what he wanted" is a BS excuse. So does Drury and Briere stink too because we didn't show them the money? They couldn't afford him under their current salary structure. It would have made things really tight and thus why they wanted to sign him up for a bit cheaper but were unable to because Tampa Bay made a desperate offer, which they did over pay, but over pay so Ottawa wouldn't agree to it. Tampa couldn't get their 3rd round pick back from Pitt so they couldn't sign him via that way but Ottawa knew they were losing him. He's a fantastic player.

We'll just disagree. I think he's a "fantastic" player. And "Ottawa not giving him what he wanted" is a BS excuse. So does Drury and Briere stink too because we didn't show them the money? They couldn't afford him under their current salary structure. It would have made things really tight and thus why they wanted to sign him up for a bit cheaper but were unable to because Tampa Bay made a desperate offer, which they did over pay, but over pay so Ottawa wouldn't agree to it. Tampa couldn't get their 3rd round pick back from Pitt so they couldn't sign him via that way but Ottawa knew they were losing him. He's a fantastic player.

While I disagree, I admire your posting guts in sticking with the "fantastic" description. I hope you don't mind if I bust your chops when we play Tampa and Vanek lights him up for his regular hat-trick-vs-a-crappy-team. And you should do the same if Messy has a good game against us.

While I disagree, I admire your posting guts in sticking with the "fantastic" description. I hope you don't mind if I bust your chops when we play Tampa and Vanek lights him up for his regular hat-trick-vs-a-crappy-team. And you should do the same if Messy has a good game against us.

Dude, wtf? Just because i said he's a "fantastic" player, why would i bring it up if he has a strong game against US?

I think he's a very good player, i think 2 years ago he was at his peak in the regular season when he was one of the highest +/- players in the league and the year we won the President trophy he struggled, but in the playoffs he was a force. I could careless about him, Tampa or Ottawa, i am just saying, i think he's a good player and used the word fantastic. I'm sure you've bragged about opponents before too. But who cares. Besides, i called him a good player and said Tampa is dumb for doing most of their moves.

Archived