This Day in Sabres History :: February 25

PASabreFan

February 25, 1978

Danny Gare has a hat trick as the Sabres bury the Barons 13-3 in Cleveland. Buffalo piles up 26 shots in one period.

February 25, 1983

The Sabres come from five goals behind to beat the Boston Bruins at the Aud, 7-6. Dave Andreychuk scores the tying goal late before Mal Davis nets the winner.

February 25, 1998

A 2-2 tie with the Leafs at Marine Midland Arena in the first game back after the Olympic break extends the Sabres' unbeaten streak to 10 games.

February 25, 2000

Mike Peca scores his first hat trick as a Sabre, but the Sabres lose to the Rangers, 6-3, at HSBC Arena. Petr Nedved has a hat trick of his own as New York ends a 12-game winless streak against the Sabres and moves three points ahead of them in the battle for the final Eastern Conference playoff berth. Afterwards, Dominik Hasek, whose domination over the Rangers came to an end in the game, said the Sabres played "stupid," while captain Peca questioned the team's heart.

February 25, 1983

The Sabres come from five goals behind to beat the Boston Bruins at the Aud, 7-6. Dave Andreychuk scores the tying goal late before Mal Davis nets the winner.

I remember that game well. That was one of the highlights of the Andreychuk-Tucker-Cyr draft class -- I think each contributed a good bit in this game. This in turn reminds me of one of my all-time favorite Roby-isms: "Andreychuk and Tucker play together so well -- they go together like ham and eggs."

Go sabres.

February 25, 1978

Danny Gare has a hat trick as the Sabres bury the Barons 13-3 in Cleveland. Buffalo piles up 26 shots in one period.

February 25, 1983

February 25, 1998

A 2-2 tie with the Leafs at Marine Midland Arena in the first game back after the Olympic break extends the Sabres' unbeaten streak to 10 games.

February 25, 2000

Mike Peca scores his first hat trick as a Sabre, but the Sabres lose to the Rangers, 6-3, at HSBC Arena. Petr Nedved has a hat trick of his own as New York ends a 12-game winless streak against the Sabres and moves three points ahead of them in the battle for the final Eastern Conference playoff berth. Afterwards, Dominik Hasek, whose domination over the Rangers came to an end in the game, said the Sabres played "stupid," while captain Peca questioned the team's heart.

Went to that game in Cleveland. Excursion through Bears Den on Lake Ave. It was a night to remember, if only I could remember it.... :blink: :blink: