I know I was slamming all the Bouw trade talk, but what about Ballard?

LabattBlue

He won't cost nearly as much as Bouw would in a trade and I have to believe Florida is looking to move a blueliner as they have the following under contract or own their rights...

Bouw

Boynton, Nick

Allen, Bryan

Skrastins, Karlis

Ballard, Keith

Murphy, Cory

Welch, Noah

If the Sabres can get Ballard to agree to a new contract, I'd give up Stafford + to get him.

On the cheaper side and to fill a 5-6-7 spot, Montador is a Florida UFA I believe which would be more in line with DR/LQ/SPG philosophy.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2684&hubname=nhl

Mezei would also be an interesting pickup, but the guy can't stay healthy.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=1920&hubname=nhl

I haven't seen a lot of him, so I am going off stats:

-Not very big (5-11, 200)

-Despite being projected as a PP QB (see Sportsnet scouting report below) has just 5 PPG and 26 PPA in three years. Granted it was with Phoenix, but those numbers have dropped each year (1-15-16; 2-9-11; 2-2-4.)

He strikes me as a younger version of Spacek and/or Soupy. Maybe someone who has seen him more can expand on his play/potential/role.

Assets

Is very confident in his ability to lead the attack from the back end. Displays plenty of offensive potential.

Flaws

Must prove he can withstand the pounding of the pro game. Needs to continue to work on his defensive-zone coverage.

Career potential

Power play quarterback.

I haven't seen a lot of him, so I am going off stats:

-Not very big (5-11, 200)

-Despite being projected as a PP QB (see Sportsnet scouting report below) has just 5 PPG and 26 PPA in three years. Granted it was with Phoenix, but those numbers have dropped each year (1-15-16; 2-9-11; 2-2-4.)

He strikes me as a younger version of Spacek and/or Soupy. Maybe someone who has seen him more can expand on his play/potential/role.

Assets

Is very confident in his ability to lead the attack from the back end. Displays plenty of offensive potential.

Flaws

Must prove he can withstand the pounding of the pro game. Needs to continue to work on his defensive-zone coverage.

Career potential

Power play quarterback.

I know he is a physical player, will hit, drop the gloves and block shots. Every time I see him(not often with him being on Phoenix), I am impressed. I would think that career potential needs to be updated, but anyone who has seen Ballard more than I, feel free to chime in.

Archived