Vanek - Roy - Bernier (Stafford)

Kotalik - Connolly - Stafford (Bernier)

Hecht - Leadership Vet - Pominville

Paille - Gaustad - Mair

Spacek - New Guy (Tallinder/Sekera)

Sekera (Tallinder) - Weber

Pratt - Tallinder (Weber)

Spares: MacArthur, Peters, Paetsch

I like it besides having Timmy in there. Goose was great not to get injured this season, thats about it though. I can live with Lydman myself.

I havent figured out if Bernier needs to get up to speed with us or we need to get up to speed with him <_< (i think he will have a breakout season next year)

I like it besides having Timmy in there. Goose was great not to get injured this season, thats about it though. I can live with Lydman myself.

I havent figured out if Bernier needs to get up to speed with us or we need to get up to speed with him <_< (i think he will have a breakout season next year)

I don't see there being much value available for Timmy in a trade, and I definitely don't see the Sabres eating the last year of his deal.

IF he can get himself into shape before the season starts, he would be a logical choice to center the 2nd scoring line. That line would probably actually be the "3rd line" in terms of TOI 5-a-side, but the Hecht line would be the shutdown line.

Depending on who the Sabres bring in, they could try to use Timmy as just a special teams player by moving Hecht or new guy up to 2nd scoring line and Goose to 3rd line, but any ice time Timmy sees as 3rd or 4th liner would probably be more demanding than that of 2nd scoring line center, i.e. there's a greater likelihood he'll break playing on one of those lines than on the 2nd line IMHO. It also takes a lot of firepower from the 2nd scoring line.

Timmy has ~5 full months to recover from surgery before training camp. While he won't be in the beast mode conditioning he was in post lockout, I have to believe he'll be in better condition than either of the past 2 off-seasons. Prior to a high sticking suspension and his 1st concussion, he had played in every game but 1 in his 1st 4 NHL seasons and that 1 missed game was in his rookie year.

I don't really have anything against Lydman, this year could definitely have been the aberation, but the team needs to upgrade the top 4 D and I don't expect them to do it via free agency.

I don't see there being much value available for Timmy in a trade, and I definitely don't see the Sabres eating the last year of his deal.

IF he can get himself into shape before the season starts, he would be a logical choice to center the 2nd scoring line. That line would probably actually be the "3rd line" in terms of TOI 5-a-side, but the Hecht line would be the shutdown line.

So that is where we are stuck. A $3 mil 40 game special teams player. Something tells me he has alot more issues going on. I'm not buying it.

What does your neighbor think? :blush: just kidding, probably watching the Yanks, Eh?

So that is where we are stuck. A $3 mil 40 game special teams player. Something tells me he has alot more issues going on. I'm not buying it.

What does your neighbor think? :blush: just kidding, probably watching the Yanks, Eh?

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Archived