Pfft, thanks a lot, Islanders

SabreNod

It's not the Islanders keeping the Sabres out of the playoffs. The Sabres have done it to themselves.

I give it about a 90%/10% split. The Sabres control how many points that they get, while the rest of the league determines how many points it takes to get into the playoffs. If they miss the playoffs, then they should definitely point the finger only at themselves as they had plenty of chances to get enough points for any likely scenario. However, that said, a few key wins by the right teams would help them slip in if even they don't win out the rest of the season. I believe that this team can beat anyone in a given game, but realistically the chances of them winning all of their remaining games, even if they play balls out, is slim. I'll take the help when it comes.

Yea, I know I know. It just feels a little better to deflect blame while they're still mathematically "in".

But look at the schedule, and then the schedules of Washington and Florida. They have creampuff schedules in comparison. Ours is about as stiff as PHI at this point, and they're playing better. Rangers are likely in, which means Boston would have to continue to founder while the Sabres win I'd say 6 of their final 7, and then we might hold off Washington, slip ahead of Boston, and claim the #8 seed.

If if if if if if

only

Archived