Four guys who made the biggest difference this weekend

SabreNod

With an honorable mention to Hecht.

Yea, Miller has been solid but I expect him to make the saves he made this weekend.

Paille is playing like a man possessed, and when he does, he is one impressive young talent. I wasn't sure about him coming in this year, but something has clicked in him - like it clicked for Pommer in the '06 playoff run. And what can you say about Kaleta, a guy who most scouts said would be lucky to be a career 4th line grit player for the AHL.

Pfft. This kid has shown more balls and energy and desire than anybody. Imagine how good Vanek could be if he was as committed to every second on the ice like Kaleta is.

I'm thrilled for the kid. And I'm hoping he makes Petey's roster spot an unnecessary redundancy.

Can the whole Kaleta vs Peters thing disappear anytime soon? Not the same player, so let's move on.

Sadly, it won't end until the Sabres find a bona fide 4th line player who can also function as a heavyweight enforcer.

Right now this is a combination of "anybody but Peters" + exciting physical player still fighting for his spot on the team.

Archived