Is Hasek a flopper???

Seth Greenstein

Hasek is certainly a more mature individual now that he's with a solid original six team and he's in his forties, right? Or is he?

Ever since Yzerman and Shanahan left, the Wings are kind of toothless, having trouble scoring goals. It isn't so cushy out there any more, they're not winning 5-1 anymore, it's more like 2-1, 3-2 so the margin of error is alot less. And the thing is the other team is only getting 16 shots a game on him and they're like scoring 2 or 3. Maybe Bertuzzi will make a difference.

Nobody's perfect. But Hasek, even with his flaws was, in his prime, as close to perfect as can be. The only imperfect thing was his attitude. When things go wrong, he kind of folds up the tent. Things are different now that he's a relatively old man. He is more fragile; I don't think he even played 45 games this year. And he still has fatal attitude flaws.

Now we're discovering that even though he is a "Red Wing forever" there is still hell to be paid in these close games with dumb mental mistakes. I won't be suprised when he pulls the rug out from under his "forever Red Wings" by going down with a mysterious groan injury and leaving them with Osbad and Jimmy whatever.

I hold nothing against Hasek, I'm beyond that. He gave us the best years of his life. It's just that I felt like he pulled the rug out from under us too when he left, and possibly in the finals against Dallas, "to prove a point" but he owes us nothing plus he's done alot of charity work.

I hope we can stop the hating on Hasek. He's a flawed hero, like Thurman and Kelly.

Excellent post, zed, but I thought you were dead.

There's no doubt, he is the greatest goalie in Sabre history, and if he played in the NHL for more years and not come here well into his mid 20s, he would probably hold every single statstical NHL record for a goalie. However, the way he left Buffalo is the reason I hate him. It's also one of the reasons that I detest Peca (sorry, but a 3rd line checking center is not worth $4.5 million a year). The whole Ted Nolan fiasco was absurd, but I'll forgive him for that, I guess because the Lindy era has been one of the best eras in Sabre history. But, the way he extorted his way to Detroit is completely unforgivable in my opinion. It is because of him the Sabres franchise went into destruction mode for a solid 4 years. We could have gotten Sergei Federov and or Shanahan or maybe even Lidstrom, but he said he would retire if the Sabres dismantled the Red Wings team by trading him. Who is he to determine who we get in a trade for him? Ultimately we get Slava Kozlov and a 1st round pick that was traded away. Kozlov produced a meaningless season for us and we trade him to Atlanta for some draft picks that got traded away as well. So, what do we get in a trade for Hasek? One meaningless season out of Kozlov and not much else. And, THAT is why I will never forgive Dominik Hasek for how he treated Sabres fans at the end of his career here. So, when I see his coach calling him out for what he is, it makes me feel happy knowing that even if the Red Wings get the President's Trophy, it is not out of the question for them to lose pretty quickly in the playoffs because of a mysterious groin injury to Hasek because he can't take criticism and is a spoiled brat.

There's no doubt, he is the greatest goalie in Sabre history, and if he played in the NHL for more years and not come here well into his mid 20s, he would probably hold every single statstical NHL record for a goalie. However, the way he left Buffalo is the reason I hate him. It's also one of the reasons that I detest Peca (sorry, but a 3rd line checking center is not worth $4.5 million a year). The whole Ted Nolan fiasco was absurd, but I'll forgive him for that, I guess because the Lindy era has been one of the best eras in Sabre history. But, the way he extorted his way to Detroit is completely unforgivable in my opinion. It is because of him the Sabres franchise went into destruction mode for a solid 4 years. We could have gotten Sergei Federov and or Shanahan or maybe even Lidstrom, but he said he would retire if the Sabres dismantled the Red Wings team by trading him. Who is he to determine who we get in a trade for him? Ultimately we get Slava Kozlov and a 1st round pick that was traded away. Kozlov produced a meaningless season for us and we trade him to Atlanta for some draft picks that got traded away as well. So, what do we get in a trade for Hasek? One meaningless season out of Kozlov and not much else. And, THAT is why I will never forgive Dominik Hasek for how he treated Sabres fans at the end of his career here. So, when I see his coach calling him out for what he is, it makes me feel happy knowing that even if the Red Wings get the President's Trophy, it is not out of the question for them to lose pretty quickly in the playoffs because of a mysterious groin injury to Hasek because he can't take criticism and is a spoiled brat.

Well said sir. And of course, he plays with the Red Wings, the team I hate the most...

Why hate the Red Wings? :unsure:

Once a team has success over a period of time people just hate hate them. I call it the 'Yankee Effect'. I don't fully understand it. It just seems to be the way things are. Teams like the Red Wings and Patriots who seem to do it the right way get lumped in with the likes of the Yankees. It happens with players also. Players like Crosby, Brady and Rothlesberger all get hated for no other reason than being young and successful. Appreciation for players on opposing teams is a thing of the past.

Once a team has success over a period of time people just hate hate them. I call it the 'Yankee Effect'. I don't fully understand it. It just seems to be the way things are. Teams like the Red Wings and Patriots who seem to do it the right way get lumped in with the likes of the Yankees. It happens with players also. Players like Crosby, Brady and Rothlesberger all get hated for no other reason than being young and successful. Appreciation for players on opposing teams is a thing of the past.

I only develop this type of hatred with rivals of my favorite teams; Yankees, Patriots, and I'd say Leafs but when was the last time they won a meaningful game against Buffalo.

I only develop this type of hatred with rivals of my favorite teams; Yankees, Patriots, and I'd say Leafs but when was the last time they won a meaningful game against Buffalo.

I don't think it's hatred. I am a Red Sox fan and I know the World Series meant more because of what they did to the Yankees. I aslo know it would suck if the Sox where really good and the Yankees became the Orioles. If I really "hated" the Yankee than wouldn't I want them to be 0-162? I feel the same way about the Leafs and the old Adams Division Rivals. It just means more when they are the teams the Sabres beat.

Archived