Converting VHS tapes to DVD

Monkeygirl

I've been wanting to put all my recorded hockey videos on to a DVD or simply put it on my USB drive or something of that nature. You know how those tapes can start getting rusty and messing up. I don't want that to happen. I have great stuff recorded like the 8-0 first-round game against Philly in 2001, ESPN's NHL2Night shows, NHL Cool Shots, and other games I can't think of right now.

I found a site that tells me how...but I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on going about this process.

I also wanted to put some of the stuff on youtube, because you can't find NHL Cool Shots online anymore and some of those shows were really great.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :thumbsup:

i have one of these things:

http://www.adstech.com/products/USBAV-709-...id=USBAV-709-EF

you plug the tape in, set up the capture software, and it records the video to a video file which you can burn to dvd... its ok with vhs... it obviously doesnt' enhance the vhs quality, and since vhs quality sucks, you're stuck with a crappy DVD... however, it works great with tivo, since its going from a digital file on the tivo to a digital file on your computer to a dvd.

They also make set top dvd recorders for you to pull stuff together, but i don't know much about those and they're probbly more expensive. Fezmid over on TBD is an expert... go in the consumer forums there and look up what he's written, or send him a PM.

I have a dvd recorder vcr combo unit and that's really the way to go. I had a regular dvd recorder to start with and it was messy. With a dvd rec/vcr combo there are no wires running all over from one to the other or when you try to make a copy you don't have to turn one on and get it started and then the other. you pop in the tape, pop in a blank dvd and hit the copy button. done. I was in Wal Mart last night and they have either an RCA or a Magnavox for $149. The only bad thing is friends start popping up with tapes they want copied...which is ok if they bring beer.

Archived