A look at the market?

BetweenThePipes00

OK, so as not to be accused of plagerism, I basicially got this list from this weekly column on tsn.ca that has blurbs from papers around the league ...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=154359&hubname=

Let me say up front I am not saying ANY of these guys are "rumored" to be on their way to Buffalo ... it is just a list of veteran defensemen who are SUPPOSEDLY being shopped by their teams, most of which assuming they fall out of the race ... this is what is out there who I think would be an improvement ... most are McKee-style guys, which is fine with me ... who do we like?

Jassen Cullimore, CHI (was on Tampa's Cup team)

Willie Mitchell, MIN

Flilp Kuba, MIN

Brendan Witt, WAS (has said he would not want to come to Buffalo)

Sean Hill, FLA

Keith Carney, ANA (return of the long-lost ...)

Ruslan Selei, ANA

Again, I have NO idea what these teams are asking for ... but if I can come up with 7 guys in 5 minutes, there have to be 10 or 12 viable defensemen out there that Regier can take a run at, and they can't all be too expensive ... I really hope he can swing a deal that draws yawns from around the league but that makes us go, "hey, I like that ... we can make a run now."

OK, so as not to be accused of plagerism, I basicially got this list from this weekly column on tsn.ca that has blurbs from papers around the league ...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=154359&hubname=

Let me say up front I am not saying ANY of these guys are "rumored" to be on their way to Buffalo ... it is just a list of veteran defensemen who are SUPPOSEDLY being shopped by their teams, most of which assuming they fall out of the race ... this is what is out there who I think would be an improvement ... most are McKee-style guys, which is fine with me ... who do we like?

Jassen Cullimore, CHI (was on Tampa's Cup team)

Willie Mitchell, MIN

Flilp Kuba, MIN

Brendan Witt, WAS (has said he would not want to come to Buffalo)

Sean Hill, FLA

Keith Carney, ANA (return of the long-lost ...)

Ruslan Selei, ANA

Again, I have NO idea what these teams are asking for ... but if I can come up with 7 guys in 5 minutes, there have to be 10 or 12 viable defensemen out there that Regier can take a run at, and they can't all be too expensive ... I really hope he can swing a deal that draws yawns from around the league but that makes us go, "hey, I like that ... we can make a run now."

Why would Whitt be against going to the #4 team in the conference?

Also,

I thought Selei was injured?

Witt might have had a change of heart, I just remember before the season he said he didn't want to go to Buffalo.

Salei is nicked at the moment, maybe the story they pulled from was earlier in the week ... either way I don't think it's too serious, they didn't put him on injured reserve ... whatever the case, I was just throwing names out there ...

I kind of like the idea of Cullimore ... Chicago is going nowhere and the guy recently won a Cup. Salary is less than Teppo's and they'd only be paying him for 20 games or so ...

Witt might have had a change of heart, I just remember before the season he said he didn't want to go to Buffalo.

Salei is nicked at the moment, maybe the story they pulled from was earlier in the week ... either way I don't think it's too serious, they didn't put him on injured reserve ... whatever the case, I was just throwing names out there ...

I kind of like the idea of Cullimore ... Chicago is going nowhere and the guy recently won a Cup. Salary is less than Teppo's and they'd only be paying him for 20 games or so ...

I thought Witt was opposed to coming here because we didn't seem dedicated to winning. I could be wrong. I would assume that he might have had a change of heart by now. I wanted to pick up Witt last deadline, and I would still like to see him in a Sabres uniform.

I thought Witt was opposed to coming here because we didn't seem dedicated to winning. I could be wrong. I would assume that he might have had a change of heart by now. I wanted to pick up Witt last deadline, and I would still like to see him in a Sabres uniform.

Katerina can stay and rot in Washington for all I care. I don't want Witt here.

Care to elaborate?

I don't know that I have much more to say. Don't like him, never did. There are tough players that I can look at and say, "Geez, I can't stand that guy, but I'd love to see him in a Sabres sweater." And there are tough players that I look at and say "Geez, I can't stand that guy, and I hope I never see him in a Sabres sweater." Witt is in that latter category, along with that piece of eurotrash Kasparaitis, for example.

I lived in Washington for a long time, saw a lot of Crapitals games*, and never liked him (Chris Simon, too, for that matter). Grier drove me nuts when the Craps played the Sabres, but he's an example of a guy that I always wanted to see on our team. Glad it worked out that way.

Guess I did have some more to say, but I also guess many won't agree.

*Including Patrick Roy's record-breaker. It was cool to be at that one.

Selei would be a nice pick up and probably pretty cheap.

Honestly, I think Anaheim might be a buyer, not a seller. they are 2 points out of a playoff spot with games in hand ... I put those guys on there because they were mentioned it that article, but they may not even be available, or is one of them is they will be looking for the No. 2 center they need. A guy who can step into that role right now is not available from the Sabres.

I also think that when Witt said he would not go to the Sabres he envisioned Buffalo sitting where Pittsburgh is right now. But I have no idea if he has softened his stance.

I don't know that I have much more to say. Don't like him, never did. There are tough players that I can look at and say, "Geez, I can't stand that guy, but I'd love to see him in a Sabres sweater." And there are tough players that I look at and say "Geez, I can't stand that guy, and I hope I never see him in a Sabres sweater." Witt is in that latter category, along with that piece of eurotrash Kasparaitis, for example.

I lived in Washington for a long time, saw a lot of Crapitals games*, and never liked him (Chris Simon, too, for that matter). Grier drove me nuts when the Craps played the Sabres, but he's an example of a guy that I always wanted to see on our team. Glad it worked out that way.

Guess I did have some more to say, but I also guess many won't agree.

*Including Patrick Roy's record-breaker. It was cool to be at that one.

I get whay you mean. I don't like Toni Lydman. I think he's weak and his poor decisions have led to alot of goals recently.

I guess I was looking for something in Whitt's game that those of us who don't see him night in and night out would miss.

Archived