Sabres Article from the Canadian Press

rickshaw

Good props. I noticed at the beginning of the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast, they showed footage of the Canadian teams and.... the Sabres. Sure it was probably included just because the Sabres were playing that night, but if you didn't know it wasn't a Canadian city, it would have been impossible to tell from the video. In many respects, Buffalo is a "canadian" city in terms of the size of their market (similar, for example, to Edmonton and Calgary in terms of money available to the team, and support of the community).

As someone who grew up in Buffalo and has lived most of my adult life in other places, Buffalo definitely is different about as Canadian as you can get without crossing the border.

Good props. I noticed at the beginning of the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast, they showed footage of the Canadian teams and.... the Sabres. Sure it was probably included just because the Sabres were playing that night, but if you didn't know it wasn't a Canadian city, it would have been impossible to tell from the video. In many respects, Buffalo is a "canadian" city in terms of the size of their market (similar, for example, to Edmonton and Calgary in terms of money available to the team, and support of the community).

As someone who grew up in Buffalo and has lived most of my adult life in other places, Buffalo definitely is different about as Canadian as you can get without crossing the border.

I have been all over the world and I usually find I have more in common with people from

Ontario (same TV, beer, sense of humor, love of hockey, lakes) then I do with most people from

the deep south.

Archived