Just back from a week in sunny FLA...

LabattBlue

I go away for a week, the biggest brawl of the year takes place and now at the trade deadline, the Sabres make two good moves and two questionable ones...

Good...

1. Bringing in two blueliners who can fill in if the injury bug gets worse on the blueline.

2. Getting something for Biron.

Questionable...

1. Added no grit to the lineup. Very disappointing.

2. Added a rental scoring forward to a lineup that has plenty of scoring. Unless there is more than meets the eye in terms of the injuries, I don't get it.

I go away for a week, the biggest brawl of the year takes place and now at the trade deadline, the Sabres make two good moves and two questionable ones...

Good...

1. Bringing in two blueliners who can fill in if the injury bug gets worse on the blueline.

2. Getting something for Biron.

Agree on both counts.
Questionable...

1. Added no grit to the lineup. Very disappointing.

2. Added a rental scoring forward to a lineup that has plenty of scoring. Unless there is more than meets the eye in terms of the injuries, I don't get it.

I, too, would have liked to see the Sabres add some grit, but I don't think it was as glaring a need after the way they handled themselves vs. Ottawa. As for adding more scoring, I think it's a great upgrade over Novotny, and gives the team a nice insurance policy if Connolly doesn't make it back, or Max is out longer than anticipated. Since we now have enough depth at D, I have no problem with them adding more scoring - you can never have too many scorers come playoff time.

Archived