F- Dainius Zubrus

D- Mike Green (M)

G- Brent Johnson

WASHINGTON GETS:

G- Martin Biron

F- Ales Kotalik

D- Mike Card (M)

DRAFT PICK

......I know the capitals were trying to get a contract done with Zubrus, and were looking for a goalie to build a team around, cause Olaf Kolzig's contract was running out and getting old......

I would love this trade and it doesnt kill us with the CAP Space

I just got an e-mail about a sabres trade.....but im guessing its bull

BUFFALO GETS:

F- Dainius Zubrus

D- Mike Green (M)

G- Brent Johnson

WASHINGTON GETS:

G- Martin Biron

F- Ales Kotalik

D- Mike Card (M)

DRAFT PICK

......I know the capitals were trying to get a contract done with Zubrus, and were looking for a goalie to build a team around, cause Olaf Kolzig's contract was running out and getting old......

I would love this trade and it doesnt kill us with the CAP Space

I HIGHLY doubt it. What is the benefit for the Sabres? They don't gain anything.

I HIGHLY doubt it. What is the benefit for the Sabres? They don't gain anything.

they gain cap room and a better prospect on defense (green is projected better than card), as well as a slightly better forward from what i understand and a true backup. it makes more sense than some of the other ones ive heard...

They'd get some cap relief if this happened, plus a solid player in Zubrius -- They'd trade almost $4.5MM in salary for less than $3.3MM, which would give Darcy a million + to play with for another defenseman...ony thing I don't like here is that Johnson's awful..he'd ride the pine for the rest of the season and playoffs -- hoepfully Miller's ready

they gain cap room and a better prospect on defense (green is projected better than card), as well as a slightly better forward from what i understand and a true backup. it makes more sense than some of the other ones ive heard...

True, it does clear up some cap space as well. When you break it down though, you are basically giving up Kotalik for a rental who really isn't THAT much better. I just don't get it.

True, it does clear up some cap space as well. When you break it down though, you are basically giving up Kotalik for a rental who really isn't THAT much better. I just don't get it.

well cause it lets us get another player with the 1+ mill gained in cap room. so its two players for kotalik if it goes as i expect. i still like kotalik though...

Archived