Novotny skates

Corp000085

My own interpretation of the order in which our guys return to play, obviously ranked from soonest to last to return:

1. Novotny

2. Spacek

3. Connolly

4. Drury

5. Paille

<PLAYOFFS START HERE>

6. Kotalik

7. Afinogenov

<STANLEY CUP ENDS HERE>

8. Gaustad

That's a pretty solid assessment I would say. The only wild card is Drury, because as we all know concussions can be really flukey. The player could be out 1-2 weeks or in some cases, a whole year (poor Timmy). We need more information on the severity of Drury's, if it is, in fact, a concussion.

The NHL said that they'd assess fines and suspensions by Saturday afternoon. My hope is that once fines and suspensions (if any) are finalized, we'll get more truth about the extend of Drury's injuries than we have been since last night.

I'm optimistic that Lindy is withholding details so that the NHL can't say "he wasn't hurt that bad" when assessing Neil's thuggery, and that Dru is coming back within the week.

after all, "concussion like symptoms" can be headaches... Well, symptoms from having 30 stitches put into your forehead can also be headaches. I suspect, just by what i initially saw (which was drury try to sit up, flop down because he saw the blood, sit up and stay up, stand up on his own, skate off on his own, hit the floor walking, and continued on his own to the dressing room) that if drury does indeed have a concussion, its very minor. Just by what i saw, he'll be back next weekend... However, things do change quickly, so i'm not getting my hopes up or down too far.

My own interpretation of the order in which our guys return to play, obviously ranked from soonest to last to return:

1. Novotny

2. Spacek

3. Connolly

4. Drury

5. Paille

<PLAYOFFS START HERE>

6. Kotalik

7. Afinogenov

<STANLEY CUP ENDS HERE>

8. Gaustad

Afinogenov will be back before the playoffs start.............. :beer:

Archived