Deliberate headshots by the Senators

bottlecap

Drury's was the second one I saw...the first being Connolly. This weak Bettman administration, instead of tinkering with the rules everytime they get, have got to make new regulations with the shoulder pads.

These things are rock hard and cause concussions. And the Senators dirty little games use that by

design; they look for players in vulnerable positions and then put the shoulder to the head.

:censored: :censored:

Drury's was the second one I saw...the first being Connolly. This weak Bettman administration, instead of tinkering with the rules everytime they get, have got to make new regulations with the shoulder pads.

These things are rock hard and cause concussions. And the Senators dirty little games use that by

design; they look for players in vulnerable positions and then put the shoulder to the head.

:censored: :censored:

Except Connolly was hit by an elbow pad.

That said though, yes, with body armour like that, shoulders to the head should be illegal.

Sorry, but I don't think Drury would've been as badly hurt HAD HIS HELMET NOT COME OFF.

These guys are going with the "It's not gonna happen to me mentality", and then get hurt when it does happen to them.

The helmet does you no good if it's off your head when it hits the ice.

I'm not condoning the hit; it was late and to the head and should've been penalized.

this is exactly the point. the shoulder pads and elbow pads that these guys wear these days is the problem.

i still don't think neil's hit was with the elbow, but it was late and it was an attempt to rip a guy when he was not looking. i can except hits like soupy on umberger and fisher on connolly b/c they were from the front - neil not only came late, but came from back/side and that is a big difference between today's players and the old school players...

Archived