Sabres just opened sportscenter

Corp000085

dwayanwyeynz wade gets hurt, some NBA guy dies, corey dillon retires, pat reiley comes back, tiger kicks but on the golf course, its college basketball thursday, and our Buffalo Sabres lead sportscenter. pretty awesome

it takes quite a bit to get hockey to lead sportscenter. like a massive brawl and the best sabres game this year... still impressive by any standard, its always pretty cool to see buffalo teams on ESPN.

good catch corp

ESPN and sportscenter don't deserve to show hockey anymore. I know THEY choose not to show hockey, but it's just an insult to hockey fans to slip in a minute or two in an hour's show. Yah, it's always cool to see the Sabres on ESPN. What gets me so mad is the TOP TEN plays. It is an absolute joke.

Here's the Breakdown nearly every time for the top ten plays.

6 of them are ordinary dunks (while showing them the SC guys make up some dumb word to describe it)

1 is usually something stupid and unrelated or just unrelated to pro sports

2 are buzzer beaters (again, basketball, just to change things up)

1 is hockey

Note: This 1 hockey play is sometimes nixed just to show another "amazing facial" dunk by some guy

My personal opinion is that some of the plays the guys in the NHL make are so good and so much better compared to someone barely making an effort to dunk a ball in a hoop.

ESPN is such a joke now. It's 45 minutes of bouncy ball every show. I can't take it anymore. I just wish there was a show like NHL coolshots that would come back on the national stage.

I love basketball, so I'm not just a biased hockey only fan, yet ESPN still pisses me off

ESPN and sportscenter don't deserve to show hockey anymore. I know THEY choose not to show hockey, but it's just an insult to hockey fans to slip in a minute or two in an hour's show. Yah, it's always cool to see the Sabres on ESPN. What gets me so mad is the TOP TEN plays. It is an absolute joke.

Here's the Breakdown nearly every time for the top ten plays.

6 of them are ordinary dunks (while showing them the SC guys make up some dumb word to describe it)

1 is usually something stupid and unrelated or just unrelated to pro sports

2 are buzzer beaters (again, basketball, just to change things up)

1 is hockey

Note: This 1 hockey play is sometimes nixed just to show another "amazing facial" dunk by some guy

My personal opinion is that some of the plays the guys in the NHL make are so good and so much better compared to someone barely making an effort to dunk a ball in a hoop.

ESPN is such a joke now. It's 45 minutes of bouncy ball every show. I can't take it anymore. I just wish there was a show like NHL coolshots that would come back on the national stage.

I love basketball, so I'm not just a biased hockey only fan, yet ESPN still pisses me off

i couldn't agree more - great post. F ESPN. i could care less they showed us first. i live for the day we get the Canadian ESPN here in the US. TSN coverage rules.

Just read this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=270222002

The last couple of lines stand out where Mair apologized... do ya think Chris Neil would ever do such a thing?? Mair earned even more respect. Even under the circumstances the boys are still gentlemen... What a great group of guys to root for!!!! I wouldn't want it any other way!

Archived