quick injury and schedule update

JohnRobertEichel

Novotny: 3 weeks (ankle sprain)

Spacek: 4 weeks (broken hand)

Afinogenov: 6 weeks (broken wrist)

Connolly: 1 week to resume practicing, and probably not 100% ready until playoffs (concussion)

Gaustad: OUT FOR SEASON (severed leg tendon)

We have 24 games remaining. I've divided them into 3 tiers of increasing difficulty:

Tier 1 (teams whose seasons are practically over...7 games):

Boston X 2

Philly X 2

Washington X 2

Florida X 1

Tier 2 (teams who will be biting and clawing for the final playoff spots...10 games):

Toronto X 4

Montreal X 2

Atlanta X 1

NYI X 1

Colorado X 1

Minnesota X 1

Tier 3 (legitimate cup contenders and dangerous teams on hot streaks...7 games):

NJ X 2

Pitt X 2

Ottawa X 2

TB X 1

I was going to add something insightful here at the end, but it's late and I've suddenly become very sleepy :oops: . So I'll leave it up to you guys to analyze and interpret the above info :thumbsup: .

These injuries are really starting to suck. And by really I mean REALLY. I was hoping to see Max at HSBC tomorrow.

Now, quick question -- why call up Ryan and not McArthur, other than that Ryan has already had a stint with the parent club? Clarke's well over a PPG, seems like sharper option statistically. What is better about Ryan's game? Anyone been watching enough Amerks hockey to answer this one?

These injuries are really starting to suck. And by really I mean REALLY. I was hoping to see Max at HSBC tomorrow.

Now, quick question -- why call up Ryan and not McArthur, other than that Ryan has already had a stint with the parent club? Clarke's well over a PPG, seems like sharper option statistically. What is better about Ryan's game? Anyone been watching enough Amerks hockey to answer this one?

First thing that comes to mind is speed. Second, he shoots left handed.

Archived