Question about the Playoffs

ko12010

I'm sure many of you saw the 1 minute segment with Melrose this morning on SportsCenter. Melrose said that he thinks the NHL should make the All Star game more meaningful by doing what baseball does and making it count towards who gets home ice in the Finals. Melrose is still picking Ducks vs. Sabres in the finals.

What happens if the two #1 seeds(assuming that the Ducks and Sabres are 1's, though I know they both might not be) meet in the Finals? Who gets home ice. Is it strictly on record or points. What happens if they have the same amount of points?

Also, does anyone happen to remember the last time two #1 seeds met in the finals? I think it's interesting that it barely happens.

I'm sure many of you saw the 1 minute segment with Melrose this morning on SportsCenter. Melrose said that he thinks the NHL should make the All Star game more meaningful by doing what baseball does and making it count towards who gets home ice in the Finals. Melrose is still picking Ducks vs. Sabres in the finals.

What happens if the two #1 seeds(assuming that the Ducks and Sabres are 1's, though I know they both might not be) meet in the Finals? Who gets home ice. Is it strictly on record or points. What happens if they have the same amount of points?

Also, does anyone happen to remember the last time two #1 seeds met in the finals? I think it's interesting that it barely happens.

Home ice goes to the team with the most points. After that, regular tie breakers apply.

Stupid. If they do that, then a few other things need to change. Like, if Lindy Ruff is coach, he can have Drury and Max in his lineup. He can play which ever goalie he wishes, if it means Miller for 30min and Breodur for 30min then SOL for Huet. Not every team to be repersented in the all-star game, just the best players.

MLB is dumb, they have guys from horrid teams, to "make their fans happy" but they are playing big roles for teams like Yankees, Red Sox and stuff.... to get home field. It's not fair and just stupid.

Melrose is a moron. Baseball is stupid for doing that, and the NHL should not follow suit.

This of course means that beginning next year, the winning conference in the NHL All-Star Game will have home ice for the Finals.

Archived