Toronto headquarters

Sabresince70

(Night of the Flames game - start of the second period- inside NHL headquarters, Toronto)

CAMPBELL- No, wait, don't call the direct line to the goal judge - try the snack bar in the nose bleed section - they'll transfer you (laughs like a clown)

REF SUPERVISOR - Hey, they called it a goal - I don't see any conclusive ....(Can't keep from breaking into laughter does not even finish his thought.....)

POOR SHMUK SITTING CLOSEST TO THE PHONE sitting closest to the phone - Should I make the call now, Colin?

CAMPBELL - No, no (again through tears of laughter) wait until after they drop the puck - then call Darcy.... put it on speaker phone.....You guys will love they way I make it sound like I'm sorry (waits for the pain from his side to diminnish) then calls and apologizes "gee we're sorry, that is exactly the kind of call this system is intended to prevent.....(after he hangs up) for the OTHER TEAMS!!!!!

Later that week....

A match penalty for intent to injure? NOOOO the player hit Darius cheaply with his face, why if he wasn't wearing such thick elbow pads he might have been the one hurt! No, No suspension for you!

Archived