Roy vs. Charra

bottlecap

Exiled, you are preaching to choir here. I agree that the league has serious problems with referees who have an ever-changing definition of what constitutes a penalty, situational refereeing, where they decide when to call things, and what to let guys "get away with." The problem starts at the top, since the league office is inconsistent at best with enforcing the rules, player discipline and grading the officials.

The only plus we have is that they seem to be cracking down (somewhat) on the bad officials and not rewarding them with playoff assignments.

It might not be the main reason, but it is a contributing factor to why the league is still considered a fringe sport, IMO.

It's because the refs are from the old school and let it fly. Why not have our own nemesis to piss off opponents going into the playoffs?

Talking to a buddy of mine who is an official for the NHL (stats in the booth)...the NHL is only taking younger referees in their ehhh.....ref development program. Done remember the cap on age (30 or 35 comes to mind), but he did say the reason is to weed out the old school mentality.

Chara got away with far too much yesterday. My hope for Wed is we build a solid lead and then take him to task for highsticking a guy 1ft smaller than him. Roy showed balls, Chara showed none.

Roy definitely showed some sack, although it would of have been nice to see Vanek stick up for himself on that particular play.

Archived