Ottawa and Buffalo switch places?

Guest Sloth

When looking at last years season, has Ottawa and Buffalo switched places? Last year, Ottawa started out real hot. Teams knew they had to play Ottawa hard, in order to win. On the other hand, Buffalo was a great team last year, but most teams did not pay attention to the Sabres.

Now, lets look at this years season. Buffalo started out really hot and teams now know they have to be prepared to play the Sabres. When looking at Ottawa, I don't think teams are realizing how good they really are. Ottawa is 8-1-1 in their last 10 games!!!! I am EXTREMELY worried the Sabres could be playing Ottawa in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs. I think Ottawa is last years version of the Buffalo Sabres.

In order for the Sabres to win it all, two things will have to happen. First, the Sabres are going to have to make some type of trade. This year will be the Sabres best oppurtunity to win the Cup. After this season, it is highly unlilkely the Sabres will be able keep Drury and Briere, which is extremely unfortunate. Second, the Sabres are going to have to get the drive they once had back. The drive I'm referring to is last years. The Sabres played with so much emotion and a strong will to win. I'm not seeing that anymore this year. At the beginning of the season, the Sabres did have the drive, but right now they do not.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm really worried Ottawa and Buffalo have switched places. A trade has to be made. The Sabres have to go for it this year. Go Slugs!!!!

When looking at last years season, has Ottawa and Buffalo switched places? Last year, Ottawa started out real hot. Teams knew they had to play Ottawa hard, in order to win. On the other hand, Buffalo was a great team last year, but most teams did not pay attention to the Sabres.

Now, lets look at this years season. Buffalo started out really hot and teams now know they have to be prepared to play the Sabres. When looking at Ottawa, I don't think teams are realizing how good they really are. Ottawa is 8-1-1 in their last 10 games!!!! I am EXTREMELY worried the Sabres could be playing Ottawa in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs. I think Ottawa is last years version of the Buffalo Sabres.

In order for the Sabres to win it all, two things will have to happen. First, the Sabres are going to have to make some type of trade. This year will be the Sabres best oppurtunity to win the Cup. After this season, it is highly unlilkely the Sabres will be able keep Drury and Briere, which is extremely unfortunate. Second, the Sabres are going to have to get the drive they once had back. The drive I'm referring to is last years. The Sabres played with so much emotion and a strong will to win. I'm not seeing that anymore this year.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

If we go .500 from here to the end of the season, the team will finish with 102 points. That ought to get us into the playoffs. Then, Paille, Stafford, and even Mancari could possibly fill the grinder roll once the playoffs begin.

Note: Between Dec 22, 2005 and Jan 21, 2006 they went 6-5-2. Between Dec 16, 2006 and now they've gone 7-6-1. The passion and emotion you saw last year was not there in this stretch of the season, either. There were however plenty of people clamoring for trades last year, too.

Archived