anyone following the WJC semifinal

X. Benedict

Great game. Great result. Canada wins it in the shootout 5-4. Taews with 3 of the goals for Canada.

Canada is going for Gold again!! Woohoo!!

I was in pain watching that shootout, I didn't think it was going to ever end.......... :beer:

The US played great, I was Jack Johnson was a Sabre draft choice.......... :doh:

I was in pain watching that shootout, I didn't think it was going to ever end.......... :beer:

The US played great, I was Jack Johnson was a Sabre draft choice.......... :doh:

Why, so we could trade him to LA for Eric Friggin' Belanger and Tim Gleason? That may end up going down as one of the most shortsighted trades in NHL history.

I was surprised to see the US winning in the third.

More than anything, I was sorry to not have access to the tournament.

Where is it next time?

I just might go in person.

It's like watching a future preview of players that are gonna be NHL stars for the next couple of years......... :beer:

Crosby is young enough to still be playing in this tournament.

TSN=canadian television

xm radio, also can get "frank sinatra all day"

and the other website isnt as popular as espn,com or others, not even as much as NHL.com

face it, yer graspin..... not too many people care about this event

So you consider ESPN a better hockey source than TSN or The Hockey News? Just because ESPN ignores it doesn't mean it's not an important event.

" Pat Kane, United States. American players who chose to play junior hockey in Canada are generally frowned upon by USA Hockey (it goes back to Benedict Arnold, one supposes). Kane, a Buffalo native, is Gagner?s teammate in London, and is another 17-year-old lighting up one of the best junior leagues in the world. If Gagner isn?t No. 1 overall, Kane may very well be."

http://www.nbcsports.com/bellowingmoose/682310/detail.html

i follow sports as much as anyone, and i didnt even know it was going on, i would assume the majority are in the same boat

Your loss man, I am not kidding about this being top notch hockey, high speed preview of future NHL players playing for their countries.

i follow sports as much as anyone, and i didnt even know it was going on, i would assume the majority are in the same boat

Of course you didn't know it was going on, you live in the US (I am assuming) and your team isn't that great (they came on late to keep from being eliminated) so it gets no coverage in your country. In Canada right now, its all you hear about when you put it on a sports channel. Go to any "Hockey Country" and you will know its going on. Its an annual tournament of some of the youngest and best up and coming players to the NHL

Archived