Stupid question about NHL player shots...

SDS

was a quick wrister that was a friggin' bullet to the top corner. I watched in slow motion and I was stunned at how much flex was in his stick despite the fact that the puck was almost in front of him when he shot it.

Do these guys lean on their sticks that much that they bend like bananas no matter what position they shoot from? I'd be lucky to bend my stick like that if I was just trying to break it in half, let alone shoot a puck in a millisecond.

was a quick wrister that was a friggin' bullet to the top corner. I watched in slow motion and I was stunned at how much flex was in his stick despite the fact that the puck was almost in front of him when he shot it.

Do these guys lean on their sticks that much that they bend like bananas no matter what position they shoot from? I'd be lucky to bend my stick like that if I was just trying to break it in half, let alone shoot a puck in a millisecond.

Lots of forwards will use a whip flex stick. I even know a couple adults who use junior/intermediates because of the flex. I'm not a big fan of "whippy" sticks, as my shot tends to tail to the right, but in the hands of someone who knows how to play the flex properly....deadly on wristers and snap shots.

Archived