We need a world without borders

Eleven

So, it's one p.m. on a Wednesday, the US and Canada are gearing up to face each other in the World Junior Championships, and TSN.ca has the game--live and on broadband. Awesome way to get through a day at the office, right?

Not so fast, because it appears to TSN that I'm connecting to the Internet from a place other than within Canada.

Of course, TSN is correct, but if I can see Canada from my office window, shouldn't that count for something? (And is there a way to get a wireless signal from across the water?)

I know, TSN's broadcast rights are limited to Canada. But why? What's the point of withholding valuable information (or valuable hockey distraction) from folks in other countries? Is anyone broadcasting it in the US anyway? We need to move beyond national borders for the good of hockey. Or for the good of Wednesdays at the office. Or whatever, I just want to see the game!

So here's my proposal, Canadians: you give me access to live hockey at the office, and the US will give you access to our world-class public health care system and public schools. How does that sound?

Archived