Regier keeping his eye on the prize

Monkeygirl

I just caught the last part of Larry Quinn on WGR and he was talking about how Darcy is watching Anaheim very closely and looking at "what do we need to do to be able to beat them". That is my paraphrasing of what Quinn said.

I am personally very happy to hear this because I've been doing the same for the past month maybe.

I always try to watch a good chunk of Anaheim's games to see how we measure up to them.

My conclusion so far is that they haven't suffered any major injuries all season long, allowing their team to gel and get into a groove.

Niedermayer and Pronger are the defensive anchors every team dreams of and they have a group of really good forwards that is comparable to ours, but the x-factor up front is surely Selanne, although I'm not sure of his postseason numbers.

And of course Giguere is solid but I think Miller is still better, BUT Giguere did reach the finals in 2003.

SOOOO, I'm glad to hear Darcy is looking at Anaheim as a measuring stick because they are definitely the most complete team in the West...perhaps, just perhaps, in the league.

Archived