Last Night in the NHL

wjag

Montreal lost to New Jersey

Ottawa lost to Washington

Carolina lost to Edmonton

Only spoiler on the night was Nashville got blanked in Anaheim

NHL Scheduling is crazy. Anaheim has played a league high 30 games and Boston a league low 25. There is no way a five game disparity in scheduling should exist. Buffalo had a run of 10 games in 17 days and is still three games short of the Anaheim total.

Four teams have cracked the century mark for goals: Buffalo, Anaheim, Atlanta, Ottawa. In each, the other teams besides Buffalo have games in hand (30, 29 and 29)

Other oddities:

Anaheim has eight more games at home than on the road.

Philly first to crack 100 goals against...

Carolina has given uo 94 goals and scored 94 goals. Where has their D and Goalie gone?

Pittsburgh still doesn't have 10 wins

Ottawa is 7-3 in their last 10 and Boston is 8-2 versus Buffalo 6-3-1.

Washington has looked very good as of late. Four stright wins but their last three have been against Dallas, Buffalo and now Ottawa. Their next test is against Anahiem.

And yeah, Pittsburgh is a mess. I think it's this message board or another one, in the begining people posted how scary they are and i said something like i'd love to play them in the playoffs and stated their not as good as their playing... people gave me a hard time and as the season goes on, we see it. Fluery is a ok goalie but i'd definetly i don't think he's anywhere near to being a goalie to play in a big game, and their defense is awful... and besides Malkin and Crosby, they can't score. But they have 11 wins...

Washington has looked very good as of late. Four stright wins but their last three have been against Dallas, Buffalo and now Ottawa. Their next test is against Anahiem.

And yeah, Pittsburgh is a mess. I think it's this message board or another one, in the begining people posted how scary they are and i said something like i'd love to play them in the playoffs and stated their not as good as their playing... people gave me a hard time and as the season goes on, we see it. Fluery is a ok goalie but i'd definetly i don't think he's anywhere near to being a goalie to play in a big game, and their defense is awful... and besides Malkin and Crosby, they can't score. But they have 11 wins...

Fleury is not there yet, but he is still young. A lot of goalies don't finish developing until they hit around 25. I think he will get there eventually.

Archived