Why is birons mask white again?

maddogmaulucci

I just a quick question, I don't get buffalo radio or news and just noticed birons mask is white again? does anyone know why?

I don't recall which game, but the last game Biron started, he was the guest on "The Shootout" on MSG after the game, and Rob Ray asked him about that. Biron said that the old mask (the one that he just had airbrushed) was pinching his face because it was the wrong size or something, so he went back to the white because it was more comfortable. So looks like he just wasted hundreds of dollars to get that thing airbrushed and he cant even use it. Of course hundreds prolly isnt much for an NHLer

I don't recall which game, but the last game Biron started, he was the guest on "The Shootout" on MSG after the game, and Rob Ray asked him about that. Biron said that the old mask (the one that he just had airbrushed) was pinching his face because it was the wrong size or something, so he went back to the white because it was more comfortable. So looks like he just wasted hundreds of dollars to get that thing airbrushed and he cant even use it. Of course hundreds prolly isnt much for an NHLer

Close, actually he said he had bad peripheral vision in it.

I saw that interview and I believe what he said was that it was pinching his face, which meant that he couldn't get it on as well as he wanted. This lead to both discomfort and peripheral vision problems. He said that he measured both the painted and white ones and the painted one was a bit narrower.

Is it just me or does anyone else think there is more to this than Biron's explanation? If you ask me I think it has something to do with the Celcius Designs logo on the sides. I'm thinking LQ stuck his dirty little nose in the pot again. F'in Rat Bastard!!!!! :thumbdown:

Then how come they put his mask on the cover of the program the other night?

maybe... but we shouldn't totally rule out the possibility... if he comes back with a differently painted mask then well know...

I actually like the white mask, it has a throwback appeal when we're wearing the real blue and gold. But the new one was cool, whoever airbrushed that did a phenomenal job.

He should auction it off for charity or something...but yeah, I think someone got pissed at the desigs on it. I could be wrong, but it seems like it could be possible, with everyone complaining about the slug (I don't mind it by the way, except it gives stupid people a dumb taunt against the Sabres: "Salt the slugs" lame)

Archived