Points to Ponder

bottlecap

1. The schedule is really screwy this year. How come we have to wait five days and then play three games in four nights on a consistent basis?

2. The Sabres logo still isn't doing it for me. It looks ok but only when the uniform is on a player in motion.

If someone is standing still with this jersey, it looks like a joke.

3. This dark home jerseys doesn't do it for me. I want traditional hockey. The suits in charge (ahem Bettman) are really full of themselves.

4. I have Center Ice so I watch alot of games. Is it just me or are the refs going loose on the offsides this year?? It seems there are alot of close plays that are offsides that is consistently not being called.

5. Why isn't anyone doing anything about changing how damn hard the shoulder pads are these days.

That alone causes many severe concussions. There's no give.

6. Ryan Millers GAA/SP has not been impressive. I guess we're lucky we don't really need it. If he

has two subpar games in a row, (4 goals and over) put in Biron.

7. I'm worried about Tallinder. They'll hack him in the arm the first game he gets back because that's how it is.

8. Certain players look really bad in the uniforms or at least they seem to show a displeasure wearing

the new uniform. I'd put Danny Briere and Jochen Hecht at the top of the list.

9. NHL is turning into a sissy league with so many ticky-tacky penalties. This reflects on the personality of the Commish.

10. Anyone watching the Boston broadcast of last night - it was especially satisfying to see Andy Brickly

squeal like the bee-otch that he really is. He was glorifying the Bruins and ragging the Sabres all game

long. Serves you right!

I agree and disagree with some of your points.

1. The schedule is really screwy this year. How come we have to wait five days and then play three games in four nights on a consistent basis?

I was reviewing the schedule and I couldn't agree more. There are some really tough stretches coming up, yet they had almost a week off last week and a few more days coming up after the Rangers.

2. The Sabres logo still isn't doing it for me. It looks ok but only when the uniform is on a player in motion.

The logo is not that bad. I loved the old logos and this new one has finally grown on me. You shouldn't see anyone standing still -- this is the fastest team in the NHL!

3. This dark home jerseys doesn't do it for me. I want traditional hockey. The suits in charge (ahem Bettman) are really full of themselves.

The home jersey looks a lot better than the away. The logo on blue offers a little more contrast. (My wife helped me with that remark.)

4. I have Center Ice so I watch alot of games. Is it just me or are the refs going loose on the offsides this year?? It seems there are alot of close plays that are offsides that is consistently not being called.

Off-sides might be called loose, but hooking is called on just about everything. It almost seems like if a player is going to the net on a break, and doesn't score, the ref will call a penalty.

5. Why isn't anyone doing anything about changing how damn hard the shoulder pads are these days.

Hmmm... I'm trying to think if the concussions I have witnessed were caused by shoulder pad to head contact, or from head contacting the ice as the player falls.

6. Ryan Millers GAA/SP has not been impressive. I guess we're lucky we don't really need it. If he

In his last two games, Ryan Miller has kept the team in the game, and one could almost argue that he won the Boston game for the team. He hasn't looked incredibly sharp for 60 minutes of play and OT and SO, but, he makes some INCREDIBLE saves. Against Atlanta, he appeared a little soft in the first period, but then made saves that shouldn't have been made. I see that as a wash. If anything, there's a chance he improves to make the easier saves in the future, if there is such a thing. And, 1-on-1, who would you rather have in goal during SO's?

7. I'm worried about Tallinder. They'll hack him in the arm the first game he gets back because that's how it is.

It might be painful, but with a rod, that arm will heal stronger than it ever was.

8. Certain players look really bad in the uniforms or at least they seem to show a displeasure wearing

I don't think they care what they're wearing when they are holding the Stanley Cup over their head, but that might be a good question to ask them.

9. NHL is turning into a sissy league with so many ticky-tacky penalties. This reflects on the personality of the Commish.

Again, hooking is called on everything, but if it wasn't, the Sabres speed would not be a factor as teams could grab and hold. I guess it's a double-edged sword.

10. Anyone watching the Boston broadcast of last night - it was especially satisfying to see Andy Brickly

squeal like the bee-otch that he really is. He was glorifying the Bruins and ragging the Sabres all game

long. Serves you right!

I'd rather save my hatred for the likes of Carolina-- enough said.

long. Serves you right!

1. Agree

2. Disagree

3. Disagree

4. Kind of Agree

5. I heard on Home Ice on XM that this is being looked into. They are working with the manufacturers.

6. Strongly Disagree. For starters Miller's numbers are better than his numbers last year, and better than Marty's numbers last year. EDIT: Not to mention what his numbers might look like if he played on a team that didn't take so many chances. END EDIT. NHL first star of the month not enough for you? Why do Buffalo fans always need a QB or goalie controversey. I think you are over rating the value of Marty if you think he should be starting (I do think Marty is a good goaltender, but he is not better than Miller).

7. See post above mine.

8. Not even going to comment on this one.

9. Would you rather go back to the clutch and grab NHL? :wallbash: Maybe there wouldn't be so many penalties if the players actually realized that these are getting called.

10. I did like seeing Brickley shown up.

The logo still sucks. But management played it right, if they were wearing a turd, we'd still buy the stuff. IF the team sucked, they wouldn't be selling anything. :doh:

BT, you've got a valid point -- even though it's crass.

Archived