Excellent comment from Druuury

Barnabov

SPEED KILLS!!! That's hilarious - could be the best two words I've heard so far this year to describe the Sabres season.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061...?tbd1058418.asp

"Afinogenov's goal will be stored in the archives. New York was outplaying Buffalo early in the second period when the right winger raced past Islanders defenseman Brendan Witt and grabbed a loose puck, faked DiPietro halfway to Manhattan, hit the brakes and sent an easy backhander into an empty net.

"It seemed like it happened in two seconds," center Chris Drury said. "It happened so quick with Maxie. Speed kills.""

Anyway:

Max couldn't have yanked the pants down on a better LOSER than "Witter" - he's the biggest wannabe tough guy in the league - at least when he's sucker punching skill players - the one time I saw retribution come looking for him he was turtling & heading for the penalty box before the other team's enforcer even got within 5 feet of him.

Max couldn't have yanked the pants down on a better LOSER than "Witter" - he's the biggest wannabe tough guy in the league - at least when he's sucker punching skill players - the one time I saw retribution come looking for him he was turtling & heading for the penalty box before the other team's enforcer even got within 5 feet of him.

I don't know about all that, but I do know I am so glad the Sabres did not go after Witt at the deadline last season the way so many wanted them to. He is so slow and so the polar opposite of what a Sabres defenseman is ... Even with all the injuries he would not have helped.

Wittless' fight card (per hockeyfights.com) includes such notables as Keith Ballard & Thomas Vanek - the other guys on there (Asham, Marshall, Bernier, Scatchard) went after him in retaliation for Witter cheap shoting a skill guy.

Unfortunately I used to live in the Caps viewing area and had to watch them or no hockey at all and I too am glad we didn't get Witt - he's going to hear the rest of the season from all the other players in the league how bad Maxim burned him and that's better than getting pummeled by Peters.

Archived