anyone with center ice...

Corp000085

its the intermission of the flames/senators game and they totally stopped production for the entire intermission... you could hear the announcers doing small talk for a few minutes, then nothing... it was like being at the hsbc for the intermissions... watching the zambonis and the rink attendants. the 2nd period is staring now, so you'll have to wait till the end of the 2nd, but it's weird.

its the intermission of the flames/senators game and they totally stopped production for the entire intermission... you could hear the announcers doing small talk for a few minutes, then nothing... it was like being at the hsbc for the intermissions... watching the zambonis and the rink attendants. the 2nd period is staring now, so you'll have to wait till the end of the 2nd, but it's weird.

Yeah, it's kinda interesting. I was watching a game last week and the announcers got alittle dicey with there observations of the intermission cheerleader types on the ice. Very funny!

Jeff

Sounds like Center Ice Package was picking up the backhaul, or raw feed. Typically the raw feed is from the arena. The station broadcasting that game picks up the raw feed from the satellite at their studio and plugs in the commercials and intermission stuff. They then send that feed back up to a different 'channel' on the satellite. Typically then Center Ice would pick up the feed with the commercials and intermission chat.

Those old big dinosaur dishes were great for picking up the raw feeds. Yes, I still have my dino.

Archived