That was awesome

Rabbit151

i saw the end of that game at work. I'm gonna tell you, I told all my co-workers that the Sabres would win. Even with the face-off with 30 secs, that we lost, I had a feeling. What a game!!

I mean I told them with less than a minute in the game.

The Sabres should get 4 pts for that effort. They did beat two teams out there. I don't think I come out here and complain about the refs that much if at all. But last night was the worse. The PAC-10 suspended refs a couple of weeks ago for doing such a bad job. It would be nice for the NHL to take some pride in it's officials and show some integrity. ;)

I was lucky enough to be at the game last night, and all I can say is WOW. That was one of the best regular season games I've ever seen, and the arena was going absolutely nuts. It's the first time I've left a Sabres game with my voice going hoarse. It seriously felt (and sounded) like a Bills game inside, people were just going bananas after Briere scored to make it 4-3. From that point on, it just felt like everyone knew we'd find a way to pull it out.

A few other notes:

numerous "Let's Go Buff-a-lo" chants

Sabretooth now has a drum, and used it to try and get people to start chanting "Let's Go Buff-a-lo". It didn't really work. Kids responded to it, but all the adults that were sitting near me were just sort of laughing.

"The Girl" from the discussion thread the other day, was gone! Instead they had a fat guy with oiled up curly hair in a Sabres jersey. He sounded like a DJ on Kiss 98.5, but I can't be sure. He just kept yelling "Buffalo, make some noise!!!!!!!!!!" Not many people did.

The crowd was all over the refs last night, but I think it was more out of frustration than anything else. Everyone was so jacked up for the game, and the Sabres simply came out flat. They played pretty poorly throughout the 1st and most of the 2nd periods. After the quick whistle disallowed Max's goal, everyone went beserk upon seeing the replay. The puck was laying in the crease, in plain sight as the ref skated towards the net. I think the crazy booing was more because the crowd wanted to cheer for something, but the Sabres weren't providing that opportunity and it was getting frustrating. After the slew of penalties and then a non-call on the Vanek breakaway, it was pretty loud.

Regardless, the game was great. Also, I couldn't believe the number of new jerseys in the crowd. White, blue, young kids, adults, women, men. It didn't matter. Lots of them looked to be official jereseys as well. I'm not sure how well a boycott of the new logo merchandise is going to go. There were at least 6 people in my ROW alone with new jerseys, and 3 others had either new hats or t-shirts. Crazy!

Also, nice pregame introductions for the Sabres. They filled the Zamboni entrance with smoke, then announced the Sabres in numerical order and had them skate to the far blue line, with their photo and name was projected on the ice. They saved Miller, Numminen, Drury and Briere for last.

I was lucky enough to be at the game last night, and all I can say is WOW. That was one of the best regular season games I've ever seen, and the arena was going absolutely nuts. It's the first time I've left a Sabres game with my voice going hoarse. It seriously felt (and sounded) like a Bills game inside, people were just going bananas after Briere scored to make it 4-3. From that point on, it just felt like everyone knew we'd find a way to pull it out.

You Lucky bastard. ;)

If a crowd can't have fun with a "a fat guy with oiled up curly hair" then you're just not trying. :lol:

Archived