Season Opener Lines?

topshelfcookies

Just over 24 hours to go until the season starts!

Here are my lines...

Hecht - Briere - Pominville

Vanek - Drury - Kotalik

Afinigenov - Novotny - Roy

Peters - Gaustad - Mair

I can never remember the Defensive pairings that Lindy uses, but I'm thinking it will be this

Lydman - Tallinder

Campbell - Kalinin

Numminen - Spacek

When I look at those lines I realize how much losing Connolly hurts. Can you imagine the fireworks that a line of Max, Connolly and Roysie would have? Connolly and Roy practically won Game 1 vs Ottawa by themselves, if you added Max to that mix, whew... I think that losing Timmy is going to have a larger impact upon the Sabres than I maybe have been willing to give him credit for. It'll be great to get him back in November or December or January or February or March. Sigh.

Your guess is as good as mine on the forward lines. On D, I'm pretty sure that Campbell and Spacek are together, as are Teppo and Kalinin.

If we all cross our fingers, do good deeds and think positive thoughts, maybe we'll get Timmy back by xmas. When he returns, I expect him to be on an awesome line with Briere and Kotalik.

Go Sabres.

Your guess is as good as mine on the forward lines. On D, I'm pretty sure that Campbell and Spacek are together, as are Teppo and Kalinin.

If we all cross our fingers, do good deeds and think positive thoughts, maybe we'll get Timmy back by xmas. When he returns, I expect him to be on an awesome line with Briere and Kotalik.

Go Sabres.

I would expect Roy to be on Drury's wing.

EDIT: However, if we need an offensive spark, I like the line of Roy between Vanek and Max (only if we need an offensive spark, for obvious reasons).

I agree with posts elsewhere that Paille will be called back up once Tim is placed on Long Term Injured Reserve, thus I think he'll take Peters' spot on the 4th line.

Trying to guess Lindy's line is crazy - there could be only 3 guys on the entire roster and I bet he'd still find a way to make up a different line combo. Still, here's my guess

LW C RW

Kotalik - Briere - Afinogenov

Hecht - Drury - Pominville

Vanek - Roy - Novotny

Paille - Gaustad - Mair

Peters is the healthy scratch except when we play the likes of Philly & Toronto

When Tim comes back, Roy switches back to left wing and Paille/Novotny sit more often.

Here are the D pairings they wrote about in an article the other day:

Lydman & Tallinder

Numinnen - Kalinin

Campbell - Spacek

Paetsch (I'd guess he gets a semi-regular rotation for whoever is in Ruff's doghouse at the moment).

BTW - I'm not sure about Kotalik being on the first line but I don't see Vanek being up there yet which would concentrate too much offense on 1 line. Briere's line needs a grinder but Drury needs a defensively sound left wing - maybe we can clone Hecht?

I agree with posts elsewhere that Paille will be called back up once Tim is placed on Long Term Injured Reserve, thus I think he'll take Peters' spot on the 4th line.

Trying to guess Lindy's line is crazy - there could be only 3 guys on the entire roster and I bet he'd still find a way to make up a different line combo. Still, here's my guess

LW C RW

Kotalik - Briere - Afinogenov

Hecht - Drury - Pominville

Vanek - Roy - Novotny

Paille - Gaustad - Mair

Peters is the healthy scratch except when we play the likes of Philly & Toronto

When Tim comes back, Roy switches back to left wing and Paille/Novotny sit more often.

Here are the D pairings they wrote about in an article the other day:

Lydman & Tallinder

Numinnen - Kalinin

Campbell - Spacek

Paetsch (I'd guess he gets a semi-regular rotation for whoever is in Ruff's doghouse at the moment).

BTW - I'm not sure about Kotalik being on the first line but I don't see Vanek being up there yet which would concentrate too much offense on 1 line. Briere's line needs a grinder but Drury needs a defensively sound left wing - maybe we can clone Hecht?

Based on last year, I would expect Hecht to be on Briere's wing.

Archived