Which big chain has the worst knockoff wings?

Barnabov

I'm convinced that if you have more flavors than the traditional mild, medium, and hot, you don't have an f-ing clue. grew up in WNY, but currently live in Ohio. The big place in Ohio is Buffalo Wild Wings. They cake their thick sauce on them, or there is very little sauce on them, and the wings are more like pigeon wings than chicken wings. Though I eat them often, just out of desperation, there is no comparison.

I've seen a lot of criticism of Buffalo Wild Wings, and I think I should defend them (somewhat.) As others have mentioned, their wings aren't terrible, and they can be a decent substitute when you are in an area that doesn't know WHT a real chicken wing is supposed to look like or taste.

IMO, the quality of BWW's wings depends on the location you go to. The Buffalo Wild Wings down the street from me here in Ohio has decent-sized wings, which always seem to have the right amount of sauce, and the blue cheese is not too shabby. A couple of the BWW places I was at in Florida were simply disappointing; the wings were tiny, dry, and I think they used a different kind of B.C. Here in Ohio I won't hesitate to go to BWW, and no matter where I am, its always a better pick than Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns; but if I am home in Niagara Falls, BWW is a late-night option only - there are simply too many better places to go.

Oh, and BTW - I might be in minority here, but I would add the sweet BBQ/honey BBQ flavors to the list of acceptable wing sauces. I don't like seeing caribbean jerk, garlic & parmesan, or anything else that shouldn't be on a wing, however.

Archived