Any chance the Islanders mess has to do with......

deluca67

I would highly doubt it, they had a very unusual management structure there where everyone had a say in everything (the owner wanted this type of buisness structure). So the GM really did not have the control that most other GM's have because the coaches and owner could all make the same decissions as him.

It was a really messed up front office, and I'm not surprised that he probably had a problem with how it was run. Lafontaine apparently gave his resignation right after the press conference, he was probably close to the GM and didn't like the direction the office was taking either. And then of course theres the idea of now hiring your backup goalie to be your new GM.

If they left because they wanted Peca and the idea got shot down by the others, they deserve to be fired, its not like he is a young future superstar or worth making a huge deal for.

Peca signing in Toronto?

It could be a coincidence that they both happened on the same day. But I wonder if Smith wanted Peca and couldn't get the "group" to agree.

Posted a link in another thread that said Peca turned down an offer from the Isles... 3 years and more money..... I say the plot thickens.

Archived