GAME THREAD

Seannie34

I've never had more of a problem with what you have just said. The Sens were the worst team hockey has ever seen for their first 4 years. (new Sens, not including team from 1930's) They parlayed that into high draft picks which took about 7 or 8 years to develop into the team they are today. Buffalo couldn't get to where Ottawa is because if they lose that badly for that long their will be no team in Buffalo. Therefore, we are only going to be as good as our current players develop into because we aren't going to benefit from having a top two or three pick. Although we should have in the last draft but as usual we got hosed in that to. :unsure:

When was the last season the Sabres finished ahead of the Sen? The Sens are more then just good drafting. Look at the roster and look at the players they traded for. Heatley and Chara. When the Sens lose quality players they get soemthing back for them. They don't just let them walk or get nothing back for them like Regier does.

If Muckler was still the GM the Sabres would be the Beast of the East instead of another pretender.

How do those two games against the Habs look?

pretty bad at this point... im going to the friday night one... and im comin down for that game from burlington... they better shake this off... or else im not payin for anymore gold or silver games... yea it means nothing to them but it at least makes me feel like im not throwing money at a crappy product...

its like this... if you goto walmart and buy a flashlight and it works for a month then dies(not cuze of batteries)... what do you do... return it... well the sabres worked for a month, no more... but i can't return them... so i just won't shop at that box office for highpriced products anymore ;)

When was the last season the Sabres finished ahead of the Sen? The Sens are more then just good drafting. Look at the roster and look at the players they traded for. Heatley and Chara. When the Sens lose quality players they get soemthing back for them. They don't just let them walk or get nothing back for them like Regier does.

If Muckler was still the GM the Sabres would be the Beast of the East instead of another pretender.

taking high priced risks helps. Reiger doesnt do that. massively gunshy. we'll only be average with him in charge. then again, thats all that matters to management. i like golisano, but his not proving me wrong.

pretty bad at this point... im going to the friday night one... and im comin down for that game from burlington... they better shake this off... or else im not payin for anymore gold or silver games... yea it means nothing to them but it at least makes me feel like im not throwing money at a crappy product...

its like this... if you goto walmart and buy a flashlight and it works for a month then dies(not cuze of batteries)... what do you do... return it... well the sabres worked for a month, no more... but i can't return them... so i just won't shop at that box office for highpriced products anymore ;)

On paper it looks bad, but the games aren't played on paper.

I would start Marty on Friday. He now has more or less 2 games under his belt. He got off to a shaky start against the Isles but recovered well enough for the team to win. He got off to a shaky start against Ottawa, but in fairness, the team didn't clear any rebounds for him and he was playing against the best team in the east and he didn't expect to be starting much ahead of time. We will get a chance to see if age has allowed him to improve his mental toughness any and his ability to handle adversity. It looked like it had against the Isles. Ottawa was a cluster waiting to happen.

I would start Mika on Saturday. He will have a chance to get some shots in practice today and the morning skates on Friday and Saturday and will have 3 days to try to get his head back into it. He looked very shaky last night, but a lot of that was probably due to a lack of confidence that his positioning and reflexes would be ready for the onslaught that was to befall him.

I'm not ready to say that the team is doomed, nor am I ready to say the team will come through with flying colors. I am hoping the team survives the weekend, they will then be off until Wednesday and can regroup at that time.