From Today's News & Observer

The Goat

I agree, Dave - I don't think any of the regulars on here would do anything stupid. I just think having their address in there is wrong, and I hope it is removed before a drive-by visitor does something stupid.

Anyway, the questions for the board still stand - what are the defining characteristics of both "classy" and "classless" coaches? I keep hearing Canes fans call Lindy classless, but I don't see why - is it because he did the same things Laviolette did, in calling out the other team's divers? Is it because he protected his team in the media, providing a distraction from the injury plague that swept through his locker room (one which caused his trainer's office to evolve into a M.A.S.H. unit?) Did he kick some puppies on the way into the Carolina hotel, make some derogatory comments about NASCAR and Carolina "hicks" or maybe push an old lady down a flight of stairs?

Everyone/anyone, feel free to elaborate...

I agree, Dave - I don't think any of the regulars on here would do anything stupid. I just think having their address in there is wrong, and I hope it is removed before a drive-by visitor does something stupid.

Anyway, the questions for the board still stand - what are the defining characteristics of both "classy" and "classless" coaches? I keep hearing Canes fans call Lindy classless, but I don't see why - is it because he did the same things Laviolette did, in calling out the other team's divers? Is it because he protected his team in the media, providing a distraction from the injury plague that swept through his locker room (one which caused his trainer's office to evolve into a M.A.S.H. unit?) Did he kick some puppies on the way into the Carolina hotel, make some derogatory comments about NASCAR and Carolina "hicks" or maybe push an old lady down a flight of stairs?

Of all the things said and done. I didn't think Laviolette showing up to the Sabres morning skate was very classy.

To me, a classy coach is one who wears a top hat, monocle, and tails behind the bench. However, if he is also holding his trophy for winning the $10 beauty contest, he is a classless braggart.

Archived