Madeleine Ruff

PASabreFan

The word "adversity" was used a lot this season. In the heat of this moment, many of us would probably say the biggest adversity the Sabres faced was having to play Game 7 on the road with four of our top six defensemen out. Not true. The greatest adversity this team faced was when its leader's daughter was diagnosed with a brain mass. Many of us assumed the worst, but by all accounts she is fine now! Another miracle in a season of many. All in all, the 05-06 season turned out OK. I just thought a little perspective might be appropriate at a time like this.

The word "adversity" was used a lot this season. In the heat of this moment, many of us would probably say the biggest adversity the Sabres faced was having to play Game 7 on the road with four of our top six defensemen out. Not true. The greatest adversity this team faced was when its leader's daughter was diagnosed with a brain mass. Many of us assumed the worst, but by all accounts she is fine now! Another miracle in a season of many. All in all, the 05-06 season turned out OK. I just thought a little perspective might be appropriate at a time like this.

amen to that!

Thank you and amen also!

I am so glad she is fine, that is the most important thing! Even losing to the thugs and tools by the likes of Weight, Brind'Amour and K. Adams (by virtue of his chippy play... and his turncoat family) doesn't seem so bad when realizing that a beautiful little girl is all better!

I couldn't stomach losing to these pukes knowing she was serverly ill.

Thank you god, if it is meant to be it is meant to be... Thanks for making her well!

Archived