Sabres Radio Network

the dude

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board and was hoping someone could help me out. Unfortunately, I have to drive from Buffalo to New York tonight during the game. I'm hoping to be able to listen to the game as I drive and with that in mind I have been searching online for a list of Sabres radio affiliates across the state. I haven't had any luck with the Sabres website, WGR's website or Google. Does anyone know where I can find a complete list or just know of some stations the game will be carried on? Thanks for your help.

There is no network. It's WGR or bust. Which doesn't seem like such a great system for a team that is trying to "regionalize" itself. But there must be a reason the Sabres set it up this way. It's hard to question any of the business decisions they've made. :)

Well, although I haven't had any luck since I HAVE to go to my GF's Memorial BBQ on Sunday, Westwood One (which is owned by CBS) is carrying the games for the NHL playoffs. Now all you need to do while you're driving is find the station that is carrying the Westwood One. Although, when you go to their website and click to try and find which stations will be carrying it, it will come up blank. Good luck.

Got Sirius or Xm?

I know Sirius (what I have) will have the game on (I think ch. 125 or 123... Or close).

Being a game in Buffalo, you will get the RJ call of the game I suppose??

If you don't... Go out and buy one if you want to listen and slap a plug and play unit or boombox in your car!

Do you have a wireless internet connection to the sky... Laptop and stream it?

What is your cell service like? I know some give you live updates...

And you probably don't want to listen to the RJ call until you stop at a rest area... You might go off the road... ;) ;) If it becomes a nail biter! :D

Well, Mo, the game will be on WHAM (1180 AM) in Rochester, and that has a fairly good signal, so you should be able to listen to that for a while during your drive down the Thruway. It is the NHL Radio feed, though, not RJ and JL.

You can also set-up your cell phone to receive automatic score updates during the game. I have T-Mobile and it's fairly easy to set-up. I think that other cell providers are probably just as easy to set-up as well.

Archived