Game thread?

BetweenThePipes00

These guys are so talented offensively. Obviously the PP needs work (although I have to feel as though that is a coaching issue after this many years,) and they could be better in terms of finishing, but they forecheck well and get gritty goals.

I really think that this team is a a few defensemen away from being a conten-da right now.

Too early to tell how good we really are. And if we continue winning, no doubt teams will start scouting our tendencies as more game film emerges re: how we are succeeding.

I'm going with the cautiously optimistic (as opposed to my all in for the bills...um ...once again hoodwinked there)

Very fun to follow them so far.

Still waiting for Vanke's first, and for Connoly to finish a scoring chance for once.

Drury and Connolly both missed on point-blak chances off the rush ... at least Connolly hit the net ... Drury appeared to shoot it over the top without it being deflected ... looks like he is pressing, tryinig to make the perfect shot ...

I agree...Actually Connolly's shot was pretty nice. Luongo made a nice, low, short-side save.

I am WAY more pissed about this loss than I am about even the shutout at Ottawa... they played a horrible second period, but they battled back in the 3rd and deserved a point in this game, especially on the road ... this one is on Miller, it's the exact thing Biron has done so many times, make all the tough saves and when the team really needs one he falls asleep.

I like so much of what I have seen from Miller, but he needs to make that save ...

OK I have vented ... it's out of my system ... now we'll see how he reacts ...

There is no way that Miller should have let that in. He left too much open and did not challenge the shooter at all. Tallender also did not challenge the shooter except for a half hearted attempt at a poke check.

We should have at least had a point after this game.