Since I count > 10 Sabres threads on Off the Wall...

Knightrider

I'm sure it is somewhat driven by the Sabres success (and its contrast with the Bills), but I simply haven't paid the attention I have paid in years past to the Bills off season moves. Maybe it is the 10+ years of disappointed expectations.

Where do we stand on the offensive and defensive lines? Have we recovered yet from the loss of Will Wolford and House Ballard? (Somehow I doubt it...)

Moulds is gone, I know that. Does Lee step in with PP resuming his #2 role?

I thought 2001 was the bottom. Have we actually hit rock bottom, yet?

I'm sure it is somewhat driven by the Sabres success (and its contrast with the Bills), but I simply haven't paid the attention I have paid in years past to the Bills off season moves. Maybe it is the 10+ years of disappointed expectations.

Where do we stand on the offensive and defensive lines? Have we recovered yet from the loss of Will Wolford and House Ballard? (Somehow I doubt it...)

Moulds is gone, I know that. Does Lee step in with PP resuming his #2 role?

I thought 2001 was the bottom. Have we actually hit rock bottom, yet?

Do you have any idea how fast McGahee runs the 40?

Do you have any idea how fast McGahee runs the 40?

I'm not sure if that was meant to be derogatory or not. :unsure: This thread was meant to point out that Bills related posts are OK in the Aud Club, too.

FYI I've followed the Bills since the goal posts came down in the seaon opener in 1980. I just have tuned them out a little the last 6 months.

I'm not sure if that was meant to be derogatory or not. :unsure: This thread was meant to point out that Bills related posts are OK in the Aud Club, too.

FYI I've followed the Bills since the goal posts came down in the seaon opener in 1980. I just have tuned them out a little the last 6 months.

That question was the source of much consternation (or constipation) on the part of a certain now-un-poster in the last week or so...and so now has turned into something of a running gag. :rolleyes:

My view is that the exterior of the O-Line was not nearly as bad as the interior, and I believe in the "2nd tier" signings we've made this off-season that we have improved there. Time will tell of course.

There was obviously some effort to shore up the middle of the D-Line, with the Tripplett signing and the draft picks expended. Supposedly the new folks we brought in there and the defensive backfield fit the new scheme (Tampa Cover 2) well. Again, time will tell.

Without any real data to rely upon good or bad I fall back on my general "cautiously optomistic" demeanor. I'm of the belief (and the Sabres are proving it), that if you put the right coach/GM/players together, it doesn't matter what the players have done individually in their previous lifetimes as much as how they react to the environment that they are currently in. Which of course is in conflict with both the DOOM(90%) and "Super Bowl here we come (10%)" viewpoints of the most vocal members of the Wall these days...

Gee, you know, this might be just the right place to discuss Bills' football. :P

Archived