Would you like some cheese with that whine?

SHAAAUGHT!!!

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Playo...574742-sun.html

"Nobody deserves to be ahead 3-0 in this series and we certainly don't deserve to be behind 3-0," said Senators centre Jason Spezza.

"This is really tough right now and really hard to swallow. We've worked our tails off in this series and we deserved a better fate."

How can any proffesional athlete say something like this? The sabres have been able to finish all series long; it takes the Senators a BS 5-3 power play to get a goal. Guess what buddy, what game did you think you deserved to win? We all know you play for a Canadien team, but that doesn't mean your entitled to any wins in a series. Have fun on the links, and here's to you getting that sand out of your . :blink:

You know it's really pathetic that people are using a word like "deserve" to describe the 3-0 lead. I have seen Sens fans on other boards say that too. But the bottom line is it doesn't matter if they lead in shots or if they outplay us, they just flat aren't getting it done. And that's what they refuse to come to grips with. The team that is up 3-0 is the team that has gotten the job done. It hasn't been pretty, but winning seldom is. We are the team that is blocking shots and sacrificing and playing as a unit. So forget about "deserve."

The score last night could have been 4-0 after one period if we connected on the chances we had on Emery...but if we lost you wouldn't hear our players saying "we deserved to win."

You know it's really pathetic that people are using a word like "deserve" to describe the 3-0 lead. I have seen Sens fans on other boards say that too. But the bottom line is it doesn't matter if they lead in shots or if they outplay us, they just flat aren't getting it done. And that's what they refuse to come to grips with. The team that is up 3-0 is the team that has gotten the job done. It hasn't been pretty, but winning seldom is. We are the team that is blocking shots and sacrificing and playing as a unit. So forget about "deserve."

The score last night could have been 4-0 after one period if we connected on the chances we had on Emery...but if we lost you wouldn't hear our players saying "we deserved to win."

I dunno...With the exception of 2 periods in Game 2, I think it's been awful pretty. B-)

For a guy like Spezza to be including himself in that "we" in "we worked our tails off" makes me laugh. He hasn't gone into a corner once this series that I can remember.

Who cares about who "deserves" what anyway? Scoreboard.

For a guy like Spezza to be including himself in that "we" in "we worked our tails off" makes me laugh. He hasn't gone into a corner once this series that I can remember.

Who cares about who "deserves" what anyway? Scoreboard.

William Muney: "Deserve's got nuthin' to do with it."

bottom line is the Ottawa team has an attitude problem.

They've had one all year, including their coach who once

said after a win that it was "too easy" to be counted

as a shut out. They've had similar displays all year.

They think they're entitled.

agreed. Terry murray has always shown to be an idiot behind the bench. in detroit he left and they won with bowman. in philly he or his brother did little but create a team of towering goons who had little respect for anyone. mucks brought him in, with his errors, to balance the soft approach MArtin created with the ultra soft sens of yesteryear.

agreed. Terry murray has always shown to be an idiot behind the bench. in detroit he left and they won with bowman. in philly he or his brother did little but create a team of towering goons who had little respect for anyone. mucks brought him in, with his errors, to balance the soft approach MArtin created with the ultra soft sens of yesteryear.

Bryan Murray?

This kid should do his talking on the ice. For one, he always sounds like a complete bonehead in his interviews. He needs to be sent to finishing/obedience school.

Secondly, it's the same Sens every year. They think their regular season can carry them through the playoffs. Having a lot of offensively skilled players is a luxury but that's only one piece of the puzzle. The media feeds their ego all season long for scoring a lot and because they're a Canadian team.

Finally, they're obviously in a lot of trouble if they have players who think this series will come to them as they're in a 0-3 hole. No team "deserves" to win, but when the Senators fall short again, they will deserve that fate.

I thought they would get a gut check after the Devils beat them in the ECFs in 2003. They never gave them credit either. They just laid on the ice crying and complaining that they "should have" won that series and then the cup.

The Sabres have been nipping at their heels all season so it's not like they're playing some cinderella team that came out of no where. How could you be shocked by a divisional opponent? Someone either didn't do their homework or refused to face reality.

So let the media fall in love with them every year because it makes beating them even more rewarding.

agreed with the posts about the Canadian Team entilement... everyone up here in canada thinks the sens deserve it because there canadian and its only right to give the cup to a canadian team... well thats TOO bad.... the cup is won fair and square... i mean really complaining is not going to do anything... i hope we BEAT the hell of that team tonight!

Archived