Sick of Sens Excuses!

MillerTyme

Sens fans are rediculous ... after every game its the same thing ... The Sens out played the Sabres ... They blame Emery or the defense or "Alfie" ... the fact is the Sens have no respect for the Sabres ... They say Miller stole the game ... He probably did but shots, scoring chances, hits, TOP in offensive zone, blah blah blah dont win games, its about goals ... Sabres capitalize, Sens dont ... simple as that

Horribly outplayed? are Sens fans looking at the score or the box score? I dont know if its different in Canada but all that matters in the US is the number of GOALS ... Congrats on winning all the other categories, the Sabres win because they SCORE not just SHOOT! Id rather have 17 shots and 10 of them be quality scoring chances than 44 shots from the point or weak rebounders ... Sabres got one more goal ... sit back and learn ... putting superstars on the ice and having them skate around with the puck doesnt win games ... its heart and scoring more goals ... two things the Sabres have showed

how can Sens fans still honestly not begin to worry ... your team was at home, suposedly outplayed the opponent in both games and still lost ... plus the refs were absolutely one sided last night ... 0-7 on the PP ... not going to win like that ... good luck coming into a hostile HSBC Arena .. there will be more EM-MER-RY chants than the number of odd man rushes you guys give up every game ... you may win one but the Sabres will prevail ... heart and guts always prevail!

GO SABRES

Sens fans are rediculous ... after every game its the same thing ... The Sens out played the Sabres ... They blame Emery or the defense or "Alfie" ... the fact is the Sens have no respect for the Sabres ... They say Miller stole the game ... He probably did but shots, scoring chances, hits, TOP in offensive zone, blah blah blah dont win games, its about goals ... Sabres capitalize, Sens dont ... simple as that

Horribly outplayed? are Sens fans looking at the score or the box score? I dont know if its different in Canada but all that matters in the US is the number of GOALS ... Congrats on winning all the other categories, the Sabres win because they SCORE not just SHOOT! Id rather have 17 shots and 10 of them be quality scoring chances than 44 shots from the point or weak rebounders ... Sabres got one more goal ... sit back and learn ... putting superstars on the ice and having them skate around with the puck doesnt win games ... its heart and scoring more goals ... two things the Sabres have showed

how can Sens fans still honestly not begin to worry ... your team was at home, suposedly outplayed the opponent in both games and still lost ... plus the refs were absolutely one sided last night ... 0-7 on the PP ... not going to win like that ... good luck coming into a hostile HSBC Arena .. there will be more EM-MER-RY chants than the number of odd man rushes you guys give up every game ... you may win one but the Sabres will prevail ... heart and guts always prevail!

GO SABRES

Well, I can't say that I disagree with the excuses your hearing because it's basically true in terms of what's on the Radio and in Newsprint. We tend to look at the Teams overall play and when you outshoot your opponent by a 3 - 1 margin, usually you win. In this case Miller was outstanding in game 2.

You have to admit that as far as Emery goes, yes his Goals against looks horrible...But good teams do that to the opposition. I am in awe of the precision surgical strikes I'm seeing from the Sabres. It's almost uncanny and certainly dishearting if your a player on the Sens. We are not used to having that kind of lopsided loss. I watched half the 2nd (After the Sabres two goals cause I was out) and 3rd periods. The impression I had was the Sens spent a big portion of that time in the Sabre end. Maybe I'm wrong, but when your looking for the tide to shift, or to gain positives out of a game, then thats where you go.

As for dropping two on Home Ice. Concerning Yes, dishearting..not really. It's a 7 games series, you have 2 wins, you need 4. Time and time again teams have come back from further deficits so I personally will worry when there is about 5 minutes left on the clock in a potential game 4 loss.

However, there is a pattern starting to reveal itself that we Sens fans have seen in every post season and we hope and try to will our team on to climb the next rung on the ladder, but we are stymied by many a goaltender, and Miller could well become another in a list of others I'd rather forget. Until then, It's game on. Anything can a usually does happen, but I know this. The Sens have not done themselves any favors and they are in tough against a very "VERY" skilled and lethal team where you have to play perfect hockey in order to win. That is a credit to the Sabres and unfortunate for us a knock on the Sens as of late.

We'll see how tomorrow goes and keep judging and analyzing things until the fat lady signs.

Classiest response by a Sens fan Ive seen! ... Good points

I was reacting to the posts by Sens fans on tsn.com ...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=165292&hubname=nhl

All the Sens fans are still talking about how the Sabres have been outplayed and basically are lucky ... but its good to see a Sens fan respect the Sabres and realize the skill of this gritty and hearty Sabres team!

TSN...Gawd that's almost as bad as HFBoards. :D

Believe me, we have our share of Sens fans on my homeboard that feel the same way and I've certainly been guilty to a degree as well but I also give credit where credit is due.

I tend to look at things in a positive, or negative way from both sides.

Both teams have positives, both have negatives. So far the Sabres positives have outwieghed the Sens negatives. But even the polarity of the Earths North and South poles changes from time to time. I just hope I don't have to wait that long :D

I am not sick of the Sens excuses. I could care less if they say the Sabres are the worst team in the NHL. We are up 2-0 and that is all that matters. The only thing I am sick of is hearing all the Sabres fans bitching about the lack of respect they receive. It is better to be an overachiever rather than an underachiever and I think the Sabres are accomplishing that. Overall, it has been a hell of a series no matter who you are.

Everyone just chill out.... Drink a beer..... and lets talk about the lack of fine women up north. ;)

I am not sick of the Sens excuses. I could care less if they say the Sabres are the worst team in the NHL. We are up 2-0 and that is all that matters. The only thing I am sick of is hearing all the Sabres fans bitching about the lack of respect they receive. It is better to be an overachiever rather than an underachiever and I think the Sabres are accomplishing that. Overall, it has been a hell of a series no matter who you are.

Everyone just chill out.... Drink a beer..... and lets talk about the lack of fine women up north. ;)

Here's my $0.02: Game 2, the Sabres STOLE. I'm happy for it, but geez. Buffalo's "scoring chances" might have matched the Sens' one-for-one, but the Sabres fired wide more than a few times. Emery didn't have to do much (and couldn't do much when he had to). I don't want to see another game like that, especially if I'm paying to see it (which I am, tomorrow and Thursday).

As for the women--dude, don't get clouded living in Georgia. Believe me, they're just as good looking and they work the same way up here, but they're less superficial about it.

Archived