RIP Carmen Perreault(Gilbert’s wife)

LabattBlue

I went to Stockholm in November 2019 for the Sabres and Lightning two game series.  During one of the breaks in action, the video screen featured a quick shot of what I believed to be a smiling Gilbert.

Years ago, I attended a Sabres loss to the Habs in season two.  My family had some team connections.  After the game I was surprised to learn that arrangements had been made for me to go into the Sabres locker room for autographs.  The Habs shut us out and all the players were down.  The only player I spoke to was Rick Martin.  I simply said “Hi Rick” and Rick returned with a “Hi”.  I went throughout the room with all my new autographs.  I was about to leave when my connection asked me if I was going to get Gil’s autograph. I said no because Gil was injured and he watched the game from the press box.  All of that was true.  However, I was then directed Gil’s way for my last autograph.  There he was!  It was so cool!

Gil Perreault was the Sabres first superstar.  He outdid the hype.

My condolences to Gil, his family and friends.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.